Hopediah "Hop Pop" Plantar is the fourth main character from the Disney Channel animated series Amphibia. He is the grandfather of Sprig and Polly Plantar, as well as the patriarch of the Plantar family.
Hop Pop is described as traditional and over-protective towards his own grandchilden. He also tends to have a high sense of paranoia whenever feeling that if something is or bound to go chaotically wrong, as seen "Best Fronds", when after he wakes up from a nap in his study and feared that Sprig, Polly and practically the entire town got eaten by Anne Boonchuy.
Hop Pop also seems mistrust other amphibians by saying that they're small-minded and paranoid, an ironic (if not hypocritical) statement since he appears to be like that as well. He's even shown to be very honest.
Hop Pop is an elderly reddish orange-skinned frog of a "crisp 68" years old ("Stakeout") with tufts of white coming out from each side of his head and normally wears gray-green waistcoat along with a buttoned yellow shirt underneath and brown trousers with spats slightly covering his feet.
- His voice is provided by Bill Farmer, who is best known as the voice of Goofy.
- His shoe's have a similar appearance to Scrooge McDuck's spats.
- His name is likely a nod to the Dr. Seuss novel Hop on Pop.
- In "Reunion", a frog was shown in the dissection table that looks very much like Hop Pop.
- Hop Pop seems to have taken up some of Anne's mannerisms such as saying the word "obvi", short for "obviously", as seen in "A Night at the Inn".
- In "Family Fishing Trip", Hop Pop reveals that his favorite flowers are dandelions because according to him "they funny".
- In "A Caravan Named Desire", his eyes are revealed to be hazel.