This article is about the television series. For the location, see House of Mouse (night club).
Disney's House of Mouse is an animated television series, produced by Walt Disney Television which originally aired from 2001 to 2003. In the series, Disney mascot Mickey and his gang of famous friends run a nightclub frequented by many other animated Disney characters from throughout the company's animation history.
The series was a successor to the short-lived Mickey Mouse Works, an earlier program consisting of original cartoons featuring Mickey Mouse and friends. The majority of the cartoons featured on House of Mouse were reruns from Mickey Mouse Works, although classic theatrical cartoons as well as new Mickey Mouse Works cartoons were also regularly shown. The series was also created to commemorate and coincide with the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney's birth.
The show also spawned two direct-to video films Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse and Mickey's House of Villains.
- Main article: House of Mouse episode list
Walt Disney's famous cartoon star, Mickey Mouse and his gang of friends run a nightclub called the "House of Mouse" in the middle of Main Street from the city of Toontown, which shows Disney cartoons as part of its floor show. Each episode features a framing plot revolving around the comic mishaps of Mickey and the other characters running the club, often with cartoons that fit the theme of the framing plot, which are used as wraparounds for various Disney cartoons.
Many characters from various Disney animated films (such as Cinderella, Aladdin, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, The Lion King, Beauty And The Beast, The Little Mermaid, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, and many more) have appeared on House of Mouse, mostly as guests and attendees. The show included many relatively obscure and otherwise rarely-used characters from the Walt Disney Company's more-obscure films, often with speaking parts; however, appearances by characters from other media (such as comic books and television shows) were few and far between
- Classic Disney Cartoons and Comic Books: The Phantom Blot, April, May, and June Duck, Humphrey the Bear, Ranger J. Audubon Woodlore, the Brownstone Park Bears, Pluto's Good and Bad Consciences, Chief O'Hara, Toby Tortoise, Max Hare, Flowers and Trees, the Three Little Pigs, the Big Bad Wolf, the Three Little Wolves, Little Red Riding Hood, Santa Claus, Reindeer, Hobo Cooke, Judge Cookie, the Skeleton Dancers, a Merry Dwarf, a lamp from The Whoopee Party, the Lonesome Ghosts, Ferdinand the Bull, Susie the Little Blue Coupe, Professor Owl, Toot, Whistle, Plunk, and Boom, Paul Bunyan, Babe the Big Blue Ox, Dinah the Dachshund, Louie the Mountain Lion, Salty the Seal, a rooster, a hen, Girl Violin, Boy Saxophone, Casey's Daughters, the black robot from Mars and Beyond, and various black and white characters.
- Mickey Mouse Works: Baby Shelby, Mrs. Turtle, Magical Mouse, Hairy Manilow, the Turkey, the 3 Kittens from "Pluto's Kittens", the Abominable Snowman, the Goatman and the 2 Aliens from "How to Camp", Chief O'Hara.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Snow White, The Prince, The Wicked Queen, the Seven Dwarfs, the Magic Mirror, Humbert the Huntsman, the 2 Vultures, and the Forest Animals.
- Pinocchio: Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, the Blue Fairy, Cleo, Monstro, Foulfellow, Gideon, Lampwick, Stromboli, and The Coachman.
- Fantasia: Chernabog, Yen Sid, Dinosaurs Hop Lo, the Mushrooms, the Ostriches, the Elephants, the Hippos, the Alligators, the Cupids, one of the Centaurettes, Bacchus, Jacchus, and the Bald Mountain Ghosts.
- The Reluctant Dragon: The Reluctant Dragon, Sir Giles, and the Boy.
- Dumbo: Dumbo, Timothy Mouse, the Ringmaster, Mrs. Jumbo, The Circus Guards, the Crows, Casey Junior, the Elephants, and the Pink Elephants.
- Bambi: Bambi, Thumper, Flower, Miss Bunny.
- Saludos Amigos: José Carioca and Pedro the Plane.
- The Three Caballeros: Panchito Pistoles, the Aracuan Bird, the Flying Gauchito, and Burrito.
- Make Mine Music: Peter, Sonia the Duck, Sadsha the Bird, Ivan the Cat, The Wolf, Grandpa, The 3 Huntsmen, Willie the Whale, Seagulls, and Casey.
- Song of the South: Br'er Rabbit, Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear, The Humming Birds, and Mr. Bluebird.
- Fun and Fancy Free: Willie the Giant, Bongo, and Lumpjaw.
- Melody Time: Pecos Bill, Widowmaker, Slue Foot Sue, Johnny Appleseed, Johnny's angel, Little Toot, and Big Toot.
- So Dear to My Heart: Danny the Sheep and the Owl.
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: Mr. Toad, Mole, Water Rat, Angus MacBadger, Cryil Proudbottom, Weasels, Ichabod Crane, the Headless Horseman, Brom Bones, Katrina Van Tassel, The Polices, and Tilda.
- Cinderella: Cinderella, Prince Charming, Gus and Jaq, the Birds, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella, Lucifer, the Fairy Godmother, Major, the King, and the Grand Duke.
- Alice in Wonderland: Alice, the White Rabbit, the Doorknob, the Cheshire Cat, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, the Dormouse, the Caterpillar, the Queen of Hearts, the King of Hearts, the Playing Cards, Dim and Dum, the Walrus, the Carpenter, the Oysters, the Dodo, Bill the Lizard, the Hammer Birds, the Pencil Birds, the Momeraths, a Flamingo, a Hedgehog, and the Bread-and-Butterflies.
- Peter Pan: Peter Pan, Wendy Darling, John Darling, Michael Darling, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Tinker Bell, Tick-Tock the Crocodile, Tiger-Lily, The Indian Chief, the Pirates, George Darling, Mary Darling, Nana, and the Lost Boys.
- Lady and the Tramp: Lady, Tramp, Tony, Joe, Trusty, Jock, and Aunt Sarah.
- Sleeping Beauty: Princess Aurora, Prince Phillip, Maleficent, Diablo the Raven, Maleficent's Goons, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, King Hubert and Stefan, the Squirrels, Samson, the Owl, and the Birds.
- 101 Dalmatians: Pongo, Perdita, the 101 Dalmatian Puppies, Cruella De Vil, Roger, Anita, Horace, Jasper, Captain, Sergeant Tibbs, Nanny, and the Colonel.
- The Sword in the Stone: Merlin, Mad Madam Mim, Wart (King Arthur), Sir Ector, The Sculley Maid, Sir Pelinore, Little Girl Squirrel, Granny Squirrel, Archimedes, The Hawk, The Pike, The Hungry Wolf, and Sir Kay.
- Mary Poppins: The Penguin Waiters and the Fox.
- The Jungle Book: Baloo, King Louie, Kaa, Shere Khan, The Vultures, Mowgli, Bagheera, The Monkeys, Shanti, Colonel Hathi, Akela, Winifred, and Hathi Junior.
- The Love Bug: Herbie.
- The Aristocats: Thomas O'Malley, Duchess, Edgar Balthazar the Butler, Abigail Gabble, Amelia Gabble, Uncle Waldo, Napoleon, Lafayette, Roquefort, Madame Adelaide Bonfamille, George Hautecourt, Scat Cat, Billy Bass the Russian Cat, Shun Gon the Chinese Cat, Hit Cat the English Cat, Frou-Frou, and Peppo the Italian Cat.
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks: King Leonidas, the Secretary Bird, and the Rhino Soccer Player.
- Robin Hood: Robin Hood, Little John, Maid Marian, Lady Kluck, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Sir Hiss, the Sheriff of Notingham, Nutsy, Trigger, Alan-A-Dale, the Rhino Guards, the Captain of the Guard, Toby Turtle, Skippy Bunny, Sis Bunny, Tagalong Bunny, and Mother Rabbit.
- Winnie the Pooh series: Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Christopher Robin, Owl, and Gopher.
- The Rescuers: Bernard, Miss Bianca, Orville, Rufus, Penny, Madame Medusa, Mr. Snoops, Ellie Mae, Luke, Brutus and Nero, Mr. Chairman, Deadeye, Gramps, Digger, Decon Owl, and Evinrude.
- Pete's Dragon: Elliott the Dragon.
- The Fox and the Hound: Tod, Copper, Chief, Vixie, Amos Slade, Big Mama, Badger, Porcupine, Widow Tweed, Dinky, and Boomer.
- The Black Cauldron: Taran, Princess Eilonwy, The Horned King, Gurgi, Fflewddur Fflam, Creeper, The Three Witches of Morva, and the Cauldron Born.
- The Great Mouse Detective: Basil of Baker Street, Dr. Dawson, Olivia Flaversham, Professor Ratigan, 17 Henchmen, and Fidget.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Benny the Cab
- Oliver & Company: Oliver, Dodger, Tito, Francis, Fagin, Jenny, Rita, Einstein, and Rescoe and De Soto.
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel, Eric, Flounder, Sebastian, Ursula, King Triton, Max the Sheepdog, Chef Louie, Scuttle, and Grimsby.
- The Rescuers Down Under: Wilbur, Jake, Cody, Percival McLeach, Joanna, Frank, Krebbs, Red, Faloo, Chairmouse, and Nurse Mouse.
- Beauty and the Beast: Belle, the Beast/Prince, Gaston, LeFou, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Fifi, the Bimbettes, Monsieur Duke, the Villagers, the Wardrobe, the Dishes, Philippe, and the Palanquin.
- Aladdin: Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, the Genie, Abu, Rajah, the Magic Carpet, Razoul, Jafar, Iago, the Sultan, the Cave of Wonders Tiger Head, and the two Hungry Children.
- The Lion King: Simba, Mufasa, Sarabi, Rafiki, Nala, Timon and Pumbaa, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed, Zazu, Scar, and the Wildebeests.
- Pocahontas: Pocahontas, Meeko, Flit, John Smith, Governor Ratcliffe, Grandmother Willow, Chief Powhatan, Kekata, Wiggins, Thomas, Kocoum, and Nakoma.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Frollo, Captain Phoebus, Clopin, Achilles, Victor, Hugo, and Laverne.
- Hercules: Hercules, Megara, Hades, Pain and Panic, Philoctetes, Pegasus, The Muses, Zeus, Hera, Hermes, The Fates, Nessus, The Hydra, and Bacchus.
- Mulan: Mulan, Mushu, Cri-Kee, Shang, Yao, Ling, Chien-Po, Kahn, Fa Zhou, Fa Li, Grandma Fa, Shan Yu, and Chi-Fu.
- Tarzan: Tantor (Tarzan is absent for some reason)
- Fantasia 2000: Yo-Yo Flamingo, Rachel, Firebird, Snooty Flamingoes, The Steadfast Tin Soldier, Jack-in-the-Box, the Ballerina, the Springe Sprite, and the Elk.
- The Emperor's New Groove: Kuzco, Pacha, Kronk, Yzma, Chica, Chaca, Tipo, Rudy, Waitress, and the Royal Matchmaker.
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Milo Thatch, Princess Kida, Wilhemina Packard, Helga, and Commander Rourke.
- The Walt Disney Company: Roy E. Disney.
Mickey is the club's owner, while Minnie Mouse jointly manages the finances and show production. Other House of Mouse staff members include:
- Greeter and Co-Owner - Donald Duck
- Reservation Clerk - Daisy Duck
- Head Waiter - Goofy
- Mascot - Pluto
- Mechanical Technician - Horace Horsecollar
- Chef - Gus Goose
- Gossip Columnist - Clarabelle Cow
- Parking Valet - Max Goof
- Waiters - The Penguin Waiters
- Janitors - The Magic Brooms
A musical band consisting of Donald Duck's troublesome nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie always serve as the musical guests, with such alternating names as "The Quackstreet Boys", "The Splashing Pumpkins", and Kid Duck. Mickey's arch-rival Pete is the club's greedy landlord, who often attempts to shut the club down for his own personal gain by sabotaging the show through various means, since Mickey's contract states that the club stays open "as long as the show goes on" but Mickey, the rest of the gang, and even some of the guests have managed defeat him every time he does so.
Throughout the course of the series, Mike introduces Mickey onstage, then he demonstrates three cartoons. Also, Mike announces the sponsors in most episodes, and Mickey signs off before the credits roll.
Produced by Walt Disney Television, House of Mouse originally aired from 2001 to 2003, and ran for 52 episodes. Following from Teacher's Pet this was the second animated show from Disney to be produced in a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, albeit it was cropped for 4:3 fullscreen TVs at the time of its airing.
House of Mouse originally aired on the final season of the Disney's One Saturday Morning block on ABC, but was dropped after half of its episodes were shown, likely as a result of the lackluster ratings of ABC in general during the early 2000s; the remaining episodes were instead premiered on Toon Disney. It reran from September 3, 2002 to February 4, 2006 on Disney Channel. The show ceased broadcast on US television on February 6, 2009 after being aired for the last time on Toon Disney before it re-branded as Disney XD.
On British television, the show was originally repeated on Disney Channel until March 2009, at which point Disney Cinemagic took over until it was shut down on March 28, 2013. It was during this time that the show finally aired with some regularity in its 16:9 widescreen format.
The theme song, "Rockin' at the House of Mouse", was performed by Brian Setzer.
- Wayne Allwine – Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor – Minnie Mouse, Fairy Godmother, Clara Cluck, Duchess, Fauna
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie
- Tress MacNeille - Daisy Duck, Chip 'n' Dale, Little Red Riding Hood, Chip, Flora, Madame Upanova, Queen of Hearts, the Fates
- Bill Farmer - Goofy, Pluto, Horace Horsecollar, Practical Pig, Sheriff of Nottingham
- Jason Marsden - Max Goof
- Corey Burton - Ludwig Von Drake, "How To" Narrator, Doorknob, Caterpillar, Chernabog, Chief O'Hara, Grumpy, Mad Hatter, Playing Cards, Ranger J. Audubon Woodlore, Timothy Mouse, Gus, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, White Rabbit, Zeus, Professor Owl
- Jim Cummings - Pete, Big Bad Wolf, the Censor Monkeys, King Larry, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Ed the Hyena, Humphrey the Bear, Colonel Hathi, Kaa, Cheshire Cat
- Maurice LaMarche - Mortimer Mouse, Scuttle, Basil of Baker Street, March Hare, Ratigan
- Rod Roddy - Microphone Mike
- Frank Welker - Gus Goose, Abu, Aracuan Bird, Butch the Bulldog, Dodger, Figaro, Lucifer, Cave of Wonders , Louie the Mountain Lion
- Mark Moseley - Mushu
- Irene Bedard - Pocahontas
- April Winchell - Clarabelle Cow
- Carlos Alazraqui - Panchito Pistoles
- Jason Alexander - Hugo
- René Auberjonois - Chef Louis
- Kathryn Beaumont - Alice
- Michael Bell - Pongo
- Jeff Bennett - Mr. Toad, Reluctant Dragon, Shelby Turtle, Dennis the Duck
- Jodi Benson - Ariel, Belle
- Robby Benson - Beast
- Susanne Blakeslee - Cruella De Vil
- Cathy Cahn - Fifer Pig
- Hamilton Camp - Merlin
- Eddie Carroll - Jiminy Cricket
- Pat Carroll - Ursula
- Louise Chamis - The Evil Queen
- Steven Curtis Chapman - Thomas O'Malley
- Ken Sansom - Rabbit
- Tia Carrere - Nani Pelekai
- Cam Clarke - Simba
- Vanessa Marshall - Nala
- Robert Costanzo - Philoctetes
- Peter Cullen - Eeyore
- Grey DeLisle - Roxanne
- Tate Donovan - Hercules
- Susan Egan - Megara
- John Fiedler - Piglet
- Jason Scott Lee - David Kawena
- Charles Fleischer - Benny the Cab
- Jonathan Freeman - Jafar
- Matt Frewer - Panic
- Carolyn Gardner - Snow White
- Bobcat Goldthwait - Pain
- Gilbert Gottfried - Iago
- Dan Castellaneta - Genie
- Michael Gough - Gopher
- Jennifer Hale - Cinderella, Aurora
- Estelle Harris - Mrs. Turtle, Winifred
- Nikita Hopkins - Chip Potts, Roo
- Eric Idle - Pluto Angel
- Tony Jay - Magic Mirror, Shere Khan
- Penn Jillette - Pluto Devil
- Bob Joles - Sneezy, Mr. Snoops
- Rosalyn Landor - Blue Fairy
- Linda Larkin - Jasmine
- Noah Luke - Bambi
- J.P. Manoux - Kuzco
- Ming-Na Wen - Mulan
- Pat Musick - Fiddler Pig
- Lois Nettleton - Maleficent
- Jerry Orbach - Lumiere
- John O'Hurley - Phantom Blot
- Rob Paulsen - José Carioca, The Grand Duke, Jaq
- Tony Pope - Geppetto
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Jim Crow, Captain Gantu, Prince John
- Kimmy Robertson - Fifi
- Will Ryan - Willie the Giant
- Kevin McDonald - Pleakley
- Ernie Sabella - Pumbaa
- Kevin Schon - Timon, Happy
- Paul Shaffer - Hermes
- Kath Soucie - Perdita, the Bimbettes, Kanga
- Florence Stanley - Wilhelmina Packard
- David Ogden Stiers - Cogsworth, Jumba Jookiba
- Andre Stojka - Archimedes, Owl
- Blayne Weaver - Peter Pan
- Scott Weinger - Aladdin
- Michael Welch - Pinocchio
- Richard White - Gaston
- James Woods - Hades
- Samuel E. Wright - Sebastian
- Alan Young - Scrooge McDuck
- This was, to date, the last Mickey Mouse show to use traditional hand drawn animation, as all subsequent Mickey shows would be made in CGI, except the 2013 series and the 2020 web series which are done through Flash Animation.
- Despite not appearing in the show itself (as the show was released one year before the release of their movie), Lilo and Stitch were featured in the House of Mouse online game, Pack the House.
- Tarzan made an appearance in the intro to the show's official site, as well as Pack the House in spite of not appearing in the show itself, although his movie's cast was represented, as Tantor made two brief but notable appearances in the show. The reason for this was because Bobs Gannaway and Tony Craig were not allowed to use any major characters from Tarzan due to licensing issues with Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Bobs Gannaway and Tony Craig initially tried to avoid using characters from The Hunchback of Notre Dame due to them being "inherently dramatic", but characters such as Quasimodo , the gargoyles, Claude Frollo, and Esmeralda ended up making appearances anyway.
- In this show, Practical Pig and the Big Bad Wolf are voiced respectively by Bill Farmer and Jim Cummings, who also voice Goofy and Pete. This qualifies as a "casting gag", as the original shorts also had the characters voiced by Goofy and Pete's original voice actors (Pinto Colvig and Billy Bletcher).
- The majority of characters from Disney animated movies, they came from Disney Animated Canon since Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs until Atlantis: The Lost Empire, with the exception of Dinosaur, due to it being CGI. Generally, none of Disney's live-action and CGI properties were directly featured, though they sometimes made brief cameos or references; for instance, in the episode "House of Magic", a giant egg cart labeled DINOSAUR EGGS was shown in the House of Mouse' storage basement, while in the episode "House Ghosts", Donald dresses up as Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and a Alien from Pixar's Toy Story series, as well as Flik from Pixar's A Bug's Life. Characters from the attraction Haunted Mansion also occasionally popped up. Animated characters from the live-action/animation hybrid films Song of the South, So Dear to My Heart, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit also made appearances. Herbie, from the eponymous live-action series, also made a brief cameo twice, and even Roy E. Disney could be seen in two episodes, animated in a very realistic style. In addition, Pepper Ann and her mother Lydia Pearson from the Disney television cartoon Pepper Ann make a brief cameo in the pilot episode, hence marking the only time characters created for another Disney television cartoon appear in the show.
- On Germany, the show premiered for the first time on the German Disney Channel on December 5, 2001, which happened to be the exact day of the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney.
- On iTunes, the show is presented in cropped 4:3 instead of its original 16:9 aspect ratio. And as of 2021, it hasn't gotten a release on Disney+ yet, and was neither shown in the original 16:9 ratio in the US since.
- This show marks Roxanne’s last animated appearance until making a photo cameo in the DuckTales (2017 series) episode, Quack Pack!.
- Official website
- House of Mouse on Wikipedia
- List of every character who appeared on the show
- Disney's House of Mouse Wiki