"Houseghosts" is the eleventh episode of The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse. It is also the first episode of the second half of season 1.
When several ghosts are left without a home to haunt, Mickey invites them to stay.
As Mickey is out for a walk, he is being trampled by a mob of his neighbors who are on their way to tear down the haunted house at the end of the street for scaring the entire neighborhood. After their house was torn down, the three Lonesome Ghosts look sad because they are now homeless. Much to Mickey's worry, he tries to catch up with the Lonesome Ghosts who are furious that they have no haunted house to live at much to Mickey's worry about his plan to help the Ghosts who are left homeless due to a mob who demolished the house just as Mickey offers them to stay with him. At home, the Lonesome Ghosts curiously explore Mickey's house as they curiously explore the cleanliness inside the house in which the Lonesome Ghosts prefer a haunted theme in which the Ghosts give Mickey's house haunted decorations. One of the Ghosts tells Mickey and thanks him for giving the ghosts a place to stay.
Later during a montage of Mickey and the Lonesome Ghosts, they constantly scare him with a number of pranks throughout the house and backyard and later at a bowling alley, Minnie tells Mickey who is worried to know how longer the Ghosts will stay to which Mickey takes Minnie to the his house infested with ghosts inside to which inside the house, skeletons and other ghosts party inside while Mickey approaches the Lonesome Ghosts who are bored upon watching TV to which one of them explains that he found a better home so that the Ghosts won't have to haunt Mickey's house anymore and upon seeing an apartment nearby, the apartment leaves while Mickey tries to find a way to give the Lonesome Ghosts a new home. Leaving the house and upon approaching Minnie who explains to him that he is "too sweet", Mickey and Minnie return home, the two work together to redesign the house with a sweet theme, undoing all the designs done by the Lonesome Ghosts. Upon redesigning the room, the Lonesome Ghosts leave the house in fear trying to look for a new home.
While walking across the neighborhood, Mickey and Minnie walk across a pig using a chainsaw to tear down a tree, leaving a raccoon family homeless. Mickey plans to help the raccoons, much to Minnie's worry about them.
Cast and Characters
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse & Redhead Woman
- Bill Farmer as Pluto & Realtor
- Jeff Ross as one of the Lonesome Ghosts
- Paul Rudish as Pig Man & Duck Man
- Christopher Syn (stock footage)
- The Lonesome Ghosts had first appeared in the 1937 short Lonesome Ghosts, although there were four ghosts in the short. The ghosts also made various cameo appearances in previous TV series such as House of Mouse and Bonkers.
- The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh appears on the Lonesome Ghosts' television while they are channel surfing.
- Decor from both The Haunted Mansion and the Museum of the Weird appear in Mickey's house after the Lonesome Ghosts take over. The Skeletons from The Skeleton Dance and The Haunted House also appear.
- This is the first episode to air in 2021.