Goofy (named George Geef in the short) falls asleep everywhere - at work, in the car - everywhere except when his head hits the pillow at night.
After a short history of man's eternal quests for sleep (from the stone ages to modern times) as well as a demonstration of what puts man to sleep (like walking, talking, squawking, rocking and socking (getting punched in the face as shown by boxing)) and how man sleeps (like the frog, dog, identical to Bruno from Cinderella, the ostrich, the mole, the bear and the owl), we see George Geef's attempts to sleep despite insomnia. He tries opening a window, using an electric blanket, drinking hot milk and counting sheep (including a stampede), but nothing works at all. He consults a scientist who studies Goofy's sleeping habits and finally finds a cure for George's insomnia.
- Pinto Colvig - George Geef
- June Foray - Mrs. Geef
- Bob Jackman - Goofy's Boss
- Jimmy MacDonald - Vocal Effects
- Alan Reed - Narrator
- Goofy's Greatest Hits
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Limited Gold Editions: From Pluto with Love
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy
- This was the last formal entry in the Goofy series. Goofy would make three more theatrical appearances in the 1960s.