The Clan finds itself attacked by the current generation of Hunters; Jason, Robyn, and Jon Canmore. All of whom have ties to Elisa, Demona and Xanatos without their knowledge.
The Clan members reluctantly ally themselves with Demona against the Hunters, only to have their opponents strike hard at them when they are most vulnerable: At home in the clock tower.
After destroying their home, the Hunters publicly expose the Clan. In the meantime, Demona creates a virus that will wipe out humanity while a mystical gargoyle protects her kind from it. However, a fight between the Hunters and the Manhattan Clan breaks out before she proceeds her plan, losing the artifact and giving up her plans. Two of the Hunters see the errors of their ways by seeing how much the Manhattan Clan is trying to save them, but the third does not, vowing to continue vengeance.
- The Hunter's Moon saga served as the final episodes of Season 2.
- The Manhattan police department is wrecked due to the Hunters making a surgical strike at the clock tower above it.
- The Gargoyles are exposed to the world.
- David Xanatos allows the Manhattan Clan to return to live at the castle, thus finally ending the feud between them and offically becoming allies.
- In the final part of the Hunter's Moon saga, Goliath and Elisa finally admit their romantic feelings for each other, becoming a couple and sharing their first kiss.
- To better explain the reaction to the gargoyles' existence, it's simply human nature to fear that what is different or unexplainable.
- The Hunter family seems to have developed the belief that all gargoyles are evil, instead of just Demona, who is the only gargoyle they've faced off with over the generations. This made them just as prejudice as Demona was about humanity; the Hunters make unprovoked attacks against the Manhattan Clan, who are trying to do nothing more than continue protecting the city and stop Demona.
- Demona is implied to have killed many of the Hunters over the centuries.