The Hyperion Theater is a 2,000-seat theater located at the eastern end of Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure. It sits at the corner of fictionalized versions of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard.
The theater currently sits empty in preparation for a new Frozen show coming in Summer 2016.
- Frozen: Live at the Hyperion (May 27, 2016)
- Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular (January 16, 2003 - January 10, 2016)
- The Power of Blast! (November 22, 2001 - September 2, 2002)
- Steps in Time (February 8, 2001 - October 14, 2001)
Behind the scenes
The Hyperion Theater's entrance facade is based on that of the real-life Los Angeles Theatre, which is located at 615 South Broadway in the Broadway Theater and Commercial District in Downtown Los Angeles, several miles away from the real Hollywood.
The location of the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Pictures Backlot is interesting in that it is located at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, streets, which, in the real-life Hollywood, run parallel to each other, however they cross at an intersection that is the site of The Historic Vista Theater. This intersection is in close proximity to the street Hyperion Ave. The street that the original Disney studios was on. Confusingly, a window on the Sunset Blvd. side of the Hyperion facade reads "Ten Wilshire Drive," a fictional street apparently named after Wilshire Boulevard.
The theater may possibly named after Hyperion Avenue, the street in Los Angeles on which the Walt Disney Studios originally operated.
- In April 2003, a 36-year-old stage technician fell 60 feet from a catwalk in the theater, prompting an investigation by the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA). The victim did not regain consciousness following the incident and died May 18, 2003. In October 2003, Cal/OSHA fined the Disneyland Resort $18,350 for safety violations related to the cast member's death.
- Fantasyland Theatre
- Theater in the Wild
- Mermaid Lagoon Theater
- Fantasy Festival Stage
- The Chaparral Theater
- Videopolis Theater
- Storybook Theater