"I Am With You" is a song sung by Olaf as part of the At Home With Olaf shorts. In the short, while Arendelle is in quarantine (on the orders of Anna), Olaf writes a letter to an unknown recipient or a group of recipients saying that he is with them. Throughout, a montage of heartwarming, sad and random moments from the Disney library is shown. In the end, Olaf asks Gale to send the message.
I am with you with this letter,
I am with you with this song.
I am with you when you laugh at something
Silly I did wrong.
Who cares abouts our wheresabouts?
I'm here and you are there.
But I'm with you,
And I care.
I am with you as I write this,
And I'm thinking of you now.
And I'm with you though you're somewhere else
And I can tell you how.
Forget the notion that an ocean's
Keeping you from me.
I am with you
I wish there was a looking-glass
That we could see each other through.
Maybe one day they'll discover it
And you'll see me and I'll see you.
But 'til they do...
I am with you with this music,
I am with you with this rhyme,
I am with you if you need me
Any moment, any time.
Just close your eyes and picture us.
What is it you see?
I am with you...
And you're with me.
- The clips used in the montage, in order, are from:
- On Ice
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- The Princess and the Frog
- Lady and the Tramp
- Wreck-It Ralph
- The Sword in the Stone
- Lilo & Stitch
- Big Hero 6
- The Lion King
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- Beauty and the Beast
- The song uses the word "looking-glass" to make the case that people are now communicating using videotelephony technologies such as Facebook's Portal, FaceTime, Zoom and Skype.
- This short was made in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. During the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, people were required to be in quarantine. This short was animated and voiced entirely from the homes of Hyrum Osmond and Gad respectively to ensure their safety under orders of California governor Gavin Newsom.
- It is now Frozen canon that Arendelle is also shown to be under quarantine, presumably from the virus.
- The identity of the recipient(s) of Olaf's letter is ambiguous on purpose, so viewers can use their imaginations as for whom the letter is. In addition, he doesn't even write a postal address for the recipient(s), either.
- Many fans proposed the letter Olaf is writing is for Elsa, considering she doesn't live in Arendelle anymore.