"In Summer" is a song from the 2013 Disney animated film Frozen sung by Olaf (Josh Gad). In this song, Olaf sings about how he would love to experience summer, while setting examples in his fantasy, such as sunbathing and sailing.
Olaf: Bees'll buzz
Kids'll blow dandelion fuzz
And I'll be doing whatever snow does in summer
A drink in my hand
My snow up against the burning sand
Prob'ly getting gorgeously tanned in summer
I'll finally see a summer breeze blow away a winter storm
And find out what happens to solid water when it gets warm
And I can't wait to see
What my buddies all think of me
Just imagine how much cooler I'll be in summer
Dah-dah, da-doo, a-bah-bah-bah bah-bah-boo
The hot and the cold are both so intense
Put 'em together, it just makes sense!
Rrr-raht da-daht dah-dah-dah dah-dah-dah dah dah doo
Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle,
But put me in summer and I'll be a...happy snowman!
When life gets rough, I like to hold on to my dream
Of relaxing in the summer sun, just lettin' off steam
Oh, the sky will be blue
And you guys will be there too
When I finally do what frozen things do in summer!
Kristoff: I'm gonna tell him.
Anna: Don't you dare!
Olaf: IN SUMMER!
- This is one of the few songs in which a rhyme is subverted, as Olaf almost says he will be a puddle, but instead, pauses, jumps over the puddle, and belts out: "Happy snowman!".
- This song is similar to "Almost There" since both the singing characters fantasize about a dream that eventually comes true (Tiana fantasizes about opening her restaurant and Olaf dreams of experiencing summer).
- At one point during the song, Olaf dances with seagulls in a similar way to how Bert danced with the penguins during "Jolly Holiday" from Mary Poppins.
- At one point in the song, when Olaf is in a Jacuzzi, a mini snowman is next to Olaf.
- The meaning of this is probably because Olaf wanted to be with other snowman buddies as he says "what my buddies will think of me" showing that the little snowman is probably one of his imaginary friends.
- When Olaf floats on the seawater, a yellow reindeer-shaped floatie can be seen beside him.
- When Olaf is singing the line "A drink in my hand", the ice cubes that are in the glass are shaped like Olaf himself.
- The song as a whole could be treated as a piece of black comedy, not merely because of the idea of seeing a snowman dancing around on a sunny day, but because every single thing Olaf does during the song is something that will only make him melt faster.