Indy and Ty debut in the episode "Challenge of the Senior Junior Woodchucks!" along with other kids' parents, to support Violet in her Senior Woodchuck challenge. They are later seen at the end of the episode cheering their daughter on due to Louie who received a failure badge.
- Indy and Ty are the only gay fathers in the DuckTales franchise.
- They are also two of the few LGBT characters in this reboot, alongside Penumbra.
- Violet having two dads was originally reported by a visitor to SDCC 2019 on her Twitter account where she recounted a conversation with co-executive producer Frank Angones at the Ducktales signing. According to her, he confirmed that the show would have LGBT characters and that he was only allowed to say at the time that Violet had two dads. Later, Frank posted an answer to a fan question about Violet's dads on his blog, again confirming that they would make an appearance along with an explanation of the show's attempts at LGBT representation.
- Like their daughter, Indigo and Tyrian are both named after shades of purple.
- According to Frank Angones on Tumblr, their full names are Indigo "Indy" Sabrewing and Tyrian "Ty" Sabrewing (the latter identified as the one with a buzz cut hairdo).
- "Twitter user DuckLesbian on Frank Angones SDCC 2019". Twitter (July 19, 2019).
- "Frank's answer on Violet's dads". Suspenders of Disbelief (November 13, 2019).
- "Frank's answer on Indy and Ty's names". Suspenders of Disbelief (April 4, 2020).