"It Came from Beneath the Sea Duck" is the fourth episode of The Disney Afternoon animated series, TaleSpin. If first premiered on May 19, 1990 on the Disney Channel before making its syndication premiere on September 11, 1990.
- The episode's title is a nod to the Ray Harryhausen science fiction film, It Came from Beneath the Sea.
- Continuity error: When Kit and Molly first hear the cliffs' cannons firing on Air Pirates, Kit reassures Molly that "No pirates have ever gotten past those cannons." This claim of his is in direct contradiction to the climax of the chronologically-earlier "Plunder and Lightning", in which Don Karnage and his pirates managed to get past the cliff's guns and attacked Cape Suzette directly, with Kit even playing an active role in these events. However, this episode was produced prior to that TV movie, so it's only an error in hindsight.
- The scene of the giant squid being warded off by hot peppers disguised as ice cream is an homage to Carl Barks' Donald Duck story, "The Ghost of the Grotto".
- The shots of Rebecca dunking a bowl of popcorn on Baloo's head and Kit opening his glider and riding on it while carrying Molly were put in the intro.
Home video release
- TaleSpin: Volume 1
- TaleSpin: First Collection (Foreign Release)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.