Boba Fett Returns - The Loop
Do you like this video?
"It Came from Beneath the Sea Duck" is the fourth episode of The Disney Afternoon animated series, TaleSpin. If first premiered on May 19, 1990 on the Disney Channel before making its syndication premiere on September 11, 1990.
- Charlie Adler as Mad Dog, Hacksaw
- Peter Cullen as Octopus, Walrus Captain
- Jim Cummings as Don Karnage, Dock Manager
- Pat Fraley as Wildcat
- Ed Gilbert as Baloo
- Chuck McCann as Dumptruck
- Janna Michaels as Molly Cunningham
- Hal Rayle as Radio Host, Ice Cream Man, Otter First Mate
- Alan Roberts as Kit Cloudkicker
- Sally Struthers as Rebecca Cunningham
- This episode is one of two that were written by The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck author and artist Don Rosa, the other one being "I Only Have Ice for You".
- The episode's title is a nod to the Ray Harryhausen science-fiction film It Came from Beneath the Sea.
- The scene of the giant squid being warded off by hot peppers disguised as ice cream is an homage to Carl Barks' Donald Duck story, "The Ghost of the Grotto".
- Scenes used for the show's opening theme:
- The shot of Rebecca dunking a bowl of popcorn on Baloo's head
- Kit opening his glider and riding on it while carrying Molly
- Continuity error: When Kit and Molly first hear the cliffs' cannons firing on Air Pirates, Kit reassures Molly that "No pirates have ever gotten past those cannons." This claim of his is in direct contradiction to the climax of the chronologically-earlier episode "Plunder and Lightning", in which Don Karnage and his pirates managed to get past the cliff's guns and attacked Cape Suzette directly, with Kit even playing an active role in these events. However, this episode was produced prior to that TV movie, so it's only an error in hindsight, and might be explained away by Kit attempting to reassure Molly in order to keep her from being afraid.
Home video release
- TaleSpin: Volume 1
- TaleSpin: First Collection (Foreign Release)