Fed up with her mother's strict rules, Ivy devises a plan to run away.
Ivy is getting ready to hang out with Sprig for the day when her mother Felicia stops her as her chores were not done efficiently. There are still smudges on the dishes, the crane napkins are imperfect and the table cloths are not centered properly. Despite this, she makes her way to the creek to play with Sprig, who is still overly smitten with her, to go glitter bug hunting. Meanwhile, Anne is showing Polly the art of Muay Thai, which she was taught as a child after annoying her mother. They offer the frogs to join them, but they politely refuse. As Sprig regales his stories of his travels to Ivy, she expresses desire to travel the world with him. When they try to catch a rare bug, Felicia calls Ivy through a phone-like bee creature to come back home and help, much to her displeasure.
Anne is training a highly impatient Polly the art of Muay Thai. With every attack thrown at Anne, she dodges casually. Polly accidentally lands on One-Eyed Wally who becomes interested in the martial art and asks to join. To Polly's surprise, Wally is a natural at it and becomes extremely jealous. Back at the restaurant, Felicia is having Ivy fold the napkins, tend to the tea and set up the tables. Ivy becomes frustrated and yells at her mother; declaring that she does not understand her. When she goes to her room, she is inspired by the posters on her wall to simply run away and heads over to Sprig asking him to run away with her and be her "guide". The kids escape, but the bee phones arrive and begin to chase after them with Felicia revealing herself and following the children.
Ivy, Sprig and Felicia end up at Anne's Muay Thai training where Ivy angrily tells Felicia that she does not want to be her daughter, which she immediately regrets. Felicia then challenges her to a match; three rounds, but she just needs to win one. To Ivy's surprise, Felicia is an expert and able to easily take her down. She then reveals that her training at home was inspired by martial arts and Ivy manages to land on Felicia. Realizing that her mother has been preparing her for the outside world, Ivy apologizes to Felicia and decides to stay home. As the rest look on, Polly finally lands a hit on Wally and knocks him out cold. Anne states that he will most likely not remember it.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Katie Crown as Ivy Sundew
- On Braly as Mrs. Boonchuy
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Felicia Sundew
- James Patrick Stuart as One-Eyed Wally
- While not the first episode to have Hop Pop Plantar absent, this is the first time he is absent when the rest of the main cast is present.
- Anne is revealed to be a practitioner of Muay Thai while Wally and Felicia are shown to be well versed in something similar to it.
- This is the first mention of Ivy's father/Felicia's husband.
- Anne skills in martial arts is references to her voice actress, Brenda Song, background in those skills and movie Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior.
- The song that young Anne is singing features the lyrics "I'll tell ya what I need, what I really really need!", which are similar to the lyrics to "Wannabe" by Spice Girls, ("I'll tell ya what I want, what I really really want!").
- Amphibia has phone-like creatures that resemble bees. This is similar to the series One Piece where they have snails that act like phones.