Jake Joseph Paul is an American YouTuber, internet personality, actor, rapper, and professional boxer, who rose to significant fame on the now-defunct video application Vine. As an actor, he was best known for his role as Dirk Mann on the Disney Channel series Bizaardvark from 2016 to 2018. He also guest starred as himself, alongside his older brother Logan Paul, in the Walk the Prank special "Talk the Prank with Jake and Logan Paul".
On July 22, 2017, in the midst of filming the second season of Bizaardvark, Disney Channel announced that Jake Paul would be leaving both the series and Disney itself. The announcement followed a news report from KTLA about public complaints from his neighbors in Los Angeles regarding the noise generated by Paul's pranks, parties, fire hazards and the large crowds of Paul's fans congregating in their neighborhood. Paul's character Dirk was eventually written out of the series without a replacement actor. On May 30, 2018, Maxwell Simkins and Elie Samouhi joined the cast of Bizaardvark as Zane and Rodney respectively in the third season of the series, replacing Dirk.
- Jake Paul was the first social media star to be a main cast member of a Disney Channel show.
- Despite Paul's departure from Bizaardvark and Disney Channel in July 2017, his character Dirk continued to appear in episodes of the show until March 2018. This is because the remaining episodes with Paul as Dirk were filmed before Paul left the series. Dirk's final appearance on Bizaardvark was in the episode "Bernie Moves Out", which aired on March 9, 2018, and Jake Paul left the series after production wrapped on the following episode "The BFF (Before Frankie Friend)".
- Coincidentally, Jake Paul's older brother Logan would also be fired from a show he starred in, which would result in his role being terminated without a replacement actor. On January 10, 2018, Logan was fired from the fourth and final season of the YouTube series Foursome following a controversial video he posted from Japan on December 31, 2017. His role as Alec Fixler was terminated from the series.
- Jake Paul, along with his equally controversial brother Logan, served as the inspiration for the character Itchaboi on Big City Greens with series creator Chris Houghton calling them "modern day snake-oil salesmen".
- "Jake Paul Exits Disney Channel Series Bizaardvark". Deadline (July 22, 2017).
- "Disney's Split with Jake Paul Spotlights Challenge for Social-Media Sensations". Variety (July 23, 2017).
- "Tumblr Post". Tumblr (December 5, 2019).