Jannah (formerly known as TZ-1719) is a supporting character introduced in The Rise of Skywalker. Like Finn, Jannah is a former First Order Stormtrooper who lived on Kef Bir after her defection. Upon meeting Finn and his comrades, Jannah and her group of other defected stormtroopers joined the Resistance in their fight against the Sith Eternal and Darth Sidious.
As a former stormtrooper for the First Order, Jannah has a sense of honor and justice. When ordered to kill a group of innocent civilians, Jannah refused and disgusted with the First Order's cruelty, defected from the remnants of the Galactic Empire.
- Jannah is the second known stormtrooper to defect the First Order in the sequel trilogy, the first being Finn.
- Jannah is also the second known stormtrooper to be a female, the first being Captain Phasma.
- Jannah is the first supporting female character to be black.
- John Boyega on his twitter account, and Naomi Ackie in an interview, confirmed that Finn and Jannah have a romantic interest in each other in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Naomi Ackie Knows What You’re Thinking About Jannah and Finn". Vanity Fair (December 23, 2019).
- Boyega, John (May 2, 2020). "This warrior stole Finn’s heart after 9. Had so many conversations with Naomi like ! When are we kissing like Han and Leia !!!". Twitter.