- “Hey, Lightning, Can you believe this party?”
- ―Jeff Gorvette
Jeff Gorvette is one of the greatest American racecars in the Disney•Pixar Cars films series, first appearing in Cars 2. Donning the stars and stripes of his country's flag, the #24 Corvette C6.R has proven his ability to succeed on the big ovals and the road courses of the Grand Touring Sports circuits. Having moved from his hometown of Vallejo, California to Indiana to be closer to the racing world, Gorvette's ability to accelerate at such a young age has turned hoods wherever he competes. His championships and number of victories are unmatched, making him a respected competitor-and legitimate threat-at the World Grand Prix."
Jeff is a friendly competitor, but he is very competitive when he is racing.
Jeff Gorvette is a Chevrolet Corvette C6-R, a grand touring racer commonly seen at endurance events in Europe. He has a top speed of 200 mph and a 0-60 of 3.6 seconds. His engine is a 7.0-liter LS7.R V-8, having 590 horsepower.
He is painted yellow, with the red, white and blue American flag design painted on his side. He has the number "24" painted inside a white badge on his doors, and the World Grand Prix logo painted on the lower part of his door and black spoiler. He has the Corvette logo as a hood ornament, gray headlights and 16-spoke wheels.
Jeff is first seen at the Tokyo welcome party with Lewis Hamilton, and he greets Lightning McQueen. He sees Mater talking to the Zen Master and later notices Mater drinking fountain water after eating a lot of wasabi. He appears in all 3 races including the one in Radiator Springs. He never got hit by the lemons' camera in any of the races. After the World Grand Prix Tokyo race begins, he started in the 4th position and was also last seen in the Tokyo race in the 5th position. But as well as we can see, Nigel Gearsley finished in the 5th position.
In the Porto Corsa race, Jeff was seen in the in the 5th position instead of Nigel Gearsley. And later in the second part, he was seen in the 8th position. At the last meters to the finish line in the Porto Corsa race, Jeff Gorvette along with Lewis Hamilton was at the last position. But he and Lewis Hamilton didn't finish the race, because Shu Todoroki's big crash blocked the track. He and Lewis were the only racers who didn't collide into the big crash. In the last race in London, Jeff was seen following Nigel Gearsley from the 6th position to the 5th position. Right before the race in Radiator Springs, he says to Lewis that he thinks they should do it every year. In the race, he and Lewis were next to each other in position.
Jeff returns in Cars 3, as a retired racer. Right before the Florida 500, he wishes McQueen good luck in the race telling him to win one for the "old guys".
In Cars 2: The Video Game, Jeff is a playable character that is unlocked from the very start of the game. Jeff is a medium weight character, meaning that his stats are more balanced, as his speed and power are equal.
- Jeff Gorvette is based on the real NASCAR driver and 4-time Sprint Cup Champion Jeff Gordon who has the same racing number he has. His name is a combination of "Jeff Gordon" and "Corvette".
- Jeff Gorvette is voiced by the real NASCAR Colombian driver Juan Pablo Montoya in the Latin American release.
- Originally, Jeff Gorvette's racing number was planned to be #3. But it was finally replaced by #24, Jeff Gordon's number. In the final film, there is no racecar in the World Grand Prix with #3.
- Jeff's pit crew chief is John Lassetire, whose name is a pun on John Lasseter's name with "Tire".
- The Corvette C6R, Jeff Gorvette's model, has a special 5.5 liter engine in real life, not a LSR 7.0 engine.
- In the Ukrainian version of the film, Jeff named after his voice actor, Andriy Shevchenko, Ukrainian footballer, but despite this, he still looks similar, just like Lewis Hamilton. Also, the voice actors of both of these characters are Russian speakers, but they speak Ukrainian in the movie anyway. Lightning friendly calls him "Шева" (Sheva), his common nickname.
- Jeff is one of the only three characters introduced in Cars 2 to return in Cars 3. The other two being John and Nancy.