James Jonah "Jim" Cummings is an American voice actor and singer who has appeared in nearly four hundred roles. He is known for his ability to mimic Sterling Holloway's high voice, as well as for giving a certain gruff sounding voice to characters.
Jim Cummings has voiced many characters in several Disney productions, most notably Darkwing Duck, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Pete, Ray, Bonkers D. Bobcat, Kaa, Ed and various other characters listed below.
Born in Youngstown, Ohio, as James Jonah Cummings, he moved to New Orleans when he was young. There, he worked on Mardi Gras floats and as a door-to-door salesman. He then moved to California, where he worked odd jobs before he got into voice acting.
- Jim Cummings is the third person to voice Winnie the Pooh and Kaa, after Sterling Holloway and Hal Smith.
- He is not related to his fellow voice actors Brian Cummings or Todd Cummings.
- Jim Cummings and Brad Garrett both reprise their roles as Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore in the live-action Christopher Robin. This makes them the first voice actors to reprise their voice-over roles in a live-action film, followed by Frank Welker as the Cave of Wonders in 2019's Aladdin and James Earl Jones as Mufasa in 2019's The Lion King.
- His favorite Disney roles are Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck, Ray and Hondo Ohnaka.
- He was a fan of Davy Crockett growing up and still has his coonskin cap .