Walt Disney first discusses the creation of "When You Wish Upon A Star", as sung in Pinocchio by Jiminy Cricket. He then turns hosting duties over to Jiminy himself, who then retells the story of Bongo, edited from Fun and Fancy Free. Also included in this program are the shorts Figaro and Cleo and Chicken Little.
- Cliff Edwards - Jiminy Cricket (Narrator)
- The version of Bongo presented in this show is different from the theatrical version.
- The original narration, originally supplied by Dinah Shore, is replaced by that of Jiminy Cricket, and the record Jiminy finds credits himself as the narrator.
- The woodland critters' unintelligible dialogue is now accompanied by subtitles translating their chatter to English.
- Dinah Shore's vocals for the songs were replaced; a female chorus fills in for her on "Lazy Countryside" and "Too Good to Be True", while Cliff Edwards fills in for "Say It with a Slap".
- At the end of the show, Jiminy walks away singing "I'm a Happy-Go-Lucky Fellow" and bids farewell to the viewer.
- This particular version of Bongo was used when the cartoon was released on the Walt Disney Mini Classics line of home videos.