For Disney, he portrayed Happy Hogan in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home. He also served as director and executive producer for Iron Man and Iron Man 2. The first Iron Man film was made before Disney acquired Marvel. Additionally, he served as an executive producer for The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame. Additionally, he voiced Pre Vizla in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and played Rio Durant in Solo.
As the director of the 2016 live-action Jungle Book, Favreau aimed to amalgamate the spirit of Disney's The Jungle Book with the faithfulness and storytelling of Rudyard Kipling's original tale. He used Kipling's rendition of The Jungle Book as an opportunity to kick-start Neel Sethi's career into stardom. He also directed the live-action 2019 film, The Lion King, a remake of the 1994 film. Favreau was named a Disney Legend in 2019 as an executive producer on the Disney+ series The Mandalorian and voices Paz Vizla on the show.
|1999||Hercules||Voice Actor: Jealousy|
|2000||Buzz Lightyear of Star Command||Voice Actor: Crumford Lorax|
|2001||The Legend of Tarzan||Voice Actor: One Punch Mullargan|
|2009||G-Force||Voice Actor: Hurley|
|2012||John Carter||Role: Thark Bookie|
|2012||The Avengers||Executive Producer|
|2013||Iron Man 3||Executive Producer/Role: Happy Hogan|
|2016||The Jungle Book||Director/Role: Pygmy Hog|
|2017||Spider-Man: Homecoming||Role: Happy Hogan|
|2018||Avengers: Infinity War||Executive Producer|
|2018||Solo||Role: Rio Durant|
|2019||Avengers: Endgame||Executive Producer/Role: Happy Hogan|
|2019||Spider-Man: Far From Home||Role: Happy Hogan|
|2019||The Lion King||Director|
|2019||The Mandalorian||Executive Producer/Voice Actor (Paz Vizla)|
|TBA||The Jungle Book 2||Director|
- Favreau is the first director to direct more than one live-action adaptation of an animated film.
- He is also the second director of an MCU film to direct a live-action remake, after Kenneth Branagh.
- Ironically, Branagh's remake of Cinderella was the last remake before Favreau's The Jungle Book.
- Favreau previously worked with Roger Allers (one of the directors of the 1994 original Lion King film) in the 2006 Sony animated comedy Open Season in which Favreau voiced Reilly the beaver.
- Favreau's son Max, portrayed young Peter Parker in Iron Man 2.