For Disney, he is known for voicing Jafar and Ding from the Aladdin franchise. He also played Grimsby in The Little Mermaid musical and Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway, and reprised Jafar for the Aladdin stage musical on Broadway. Also for Disney, he is known for voicing Eli Excelsior Pandarus and Jack Frost in the Disney Channel animated series American Dragon: Jake Long.
- On the "Jafar Goes to the Birds" segment on the Aladdin Special Edition DVD, Freeman admitted he is ornithophobic, meaning afraid of birds. He tried to overcome his fear of them by going to buy one at a pet store but he didn't buy one as he didn't overcome his fear of them.
- He also took on the role of Admiral Boom in Disney's Mary Poppins on Broadway.
- According to Freeman, he usually returns to the Disney studios about every three months to voice Jafar for a new project.
- According to Freeman, he believes that Jafar was an Opium smoker. However, this is not canon to Disney and is only Freeman's opinion.
- By originating the role of Jafar in the Broadway musical, Freeman is the first Disney voice actor to recreate his role in a Disney Theatrical show.