Dame Julie Elizabeth Andrews, DBE, is an English film and stage actress, singer, and author, best known for playing Maria von Trapp in The Sound of Music and the titular character in Mary Poppins, which earned her an Academy Award for Best Actress. She remains the only person to win an Academy Award for their performance in a film released under the Disney label. She also voiced Queen Lilian in DreamWork's Shrek franchise and Gru's mother Marlena in Universal/Illumination's Despicable Me franchise.
For Disney, she also played Queen Clarisse Renaldi in The Princess Diaries and The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. She later portrayed the Narrator in Enchanted and also posed as the Blue Fairy in "Where Magic Begins" in the Disney Dream Portrait Series. Additionally, she guest-starred in The Muppet Show and was mentioned in the Liv and Maddie episode "Sing it Live!!!-a-Rooney".
- Her portrayal of Maria von Trapp in The Sound of Music became an inspiration for Disney character Belle.
- Her role as Mary Poppins from the film of the same name was spoofed by Genie in the TV series Aladdin.
- She also provided the whistling for the audio animatronic bird in the song "A Spoonful of Sugar".
- Walt Disney chose her for the role of Mary Poppins for her ability to whistle.
- She was considered the role as Miss Eglantine Price in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, along with other several actresses that were considered, but the role was later given to Angela Lansbury.
- Victoria Summer portrayed her in Saving Mr. Banks.