Her first voice acting role was notably Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, in what would be his final short under Walter Lantz's The Egg Cracker Suite. However, some of her most famous voice roles were the titular character Rocky, Natasha Fatale, and Sherman in The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, as well as Granny, Witch Hazel, and Miss Prissy in Looney Tunes, and related shows among others.
She had also done voice work on several Disney productions that are listed below.
Although she did extended work at Disney, she later stated one of her greatest regrets in life was never having met Walt Disney himself.
Feature films and shorts
- Cinderella - Lucifer
- Lambert the Sheepish Lion - Mrs. Sheep
- Trick or Treat - Witch Hazel
- Peter Pan - Mermaids, Squaw, Shaved Rear Seagull
- Various Goofy cartoons - Mrs. Goof, Goofy Junior
- How to Have an Accident at Work - Daisy Duck
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Wheezy, Lena Hyena
- Redux Riding Hood - Grandma
- Mulan and Mulan II - Grandmother Fa (speaking voice)
- DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp - Mrs. Featherby
- Walt Disney anthology series - Grandma Duck, Daisy Duck
- Disney on Parade - The Evil Queen
- Adventures of the Gummi Bears - Grammi Gummi
- Disney's DTV Monster Hits - Witch Hazel, Pauline
- Bonkers - Ma Parker
- DuckTales - Ma Beagle, Magica De Spell, Scrooge's mother, Mrs. Featherby, Magica's Shadow
- Marsupilami - Aunt Bethie
Theme park attractions
- Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers! - Magica De Spell
- Disney TH!NK Fast - Magica De Spell
- DuckTales Remastered - Magica De Spell
- She is often called the female Mel Blanc, although Warner Bros. animator and director Chuck Jones said that he considered Mel Blanc to be the male June Foray.
- In Peter Pan, she not only voiced one of the mermaids but also served as the model for the mermaid playing the conch shell.