Junior, River and Louise are three retired Piston Cup racers who appear in the 2017 Disney/Pixar animated film, Cars 3.
Junior "Midnight" Moon
- "Long before official stock car tracks existed, souped-up jalopies raced for fun on wooded back roads with only the moon to light their way. That's where Junior Moon got his start and his name. Junior raced by his own rules. Hud and all the other early Piston Cup Competitors truly loved to race with him."
- "River Scott came from modest beginnings, but he always made the very best of what he had. With seven circuit wins from the early 1950s, his unique body style made him a trailblazer in the Piston Cup. He was scrappy and improvisational, and wore his dents proudly as symbols of what he had been through. He was Doc's racing contemporary and friend, and loves to tell tales of the good old days."
Lousie "Barnstormer" Nash
- "Louise "Barnstormer" Nash was known as the "First Lady of Racing" in the early days of the Piston Cup. She won three races in a row in her first season against Doc Hudson. As one of the first and only females in racing at the time, it wasn't an easy road for Louise. She had to steal her racing number to get her first chance on the track. But Louise's fearless driving style soon won her the respect of every car she raced. Sassy and fun-loving, she still enjoys kicking off her hubcaps and racing at top speed."
- Junior Moon is both inspired and voiced by the late Junior Johnson himself.
- River Scoot is inspired by the late NASCAR driver Wendell Scott.
- In Cars 3 it is mentioned that Louise may have had romantic feelings for Doc, It's possible this could be a reference to the 1954 merge of Hudson and Nash-Kelvinator.
- Louise Nash's concept art number is 20, instead of 94.
- Louise Nash is inspired by NASCAR driver Louise Smith. In Smith's first race, she used a Nash Ambassador, which is used for Louise's car model.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.