Karen Tehama is a Safety Patroller and the force's Forensic expert. Karen normally appears as a background character in most episodes of Fillmore! and she can be bribed to give lessons on forensics. She is voiced by Lauren Tom.
Karen is an Asian-American teen girl. Her eye pupils and her hair, worn in pigtails, is mostly raven, with the two, curvy, parted and brow-skimming bangs dyed dark pink. Each pigtail is in a pink ribbon. She wears a pink short-sleeved shirt with a white cat's head on the front, orange sash, blue pants with red cuffs, white socks and black loafers.
Karen is mostly a background character so not a lot is known about her history other than the fact that she has a keen interest in forensic science and she is Japanese-American. Karen has appeared in most episode and can normally depict the nature of a scene by the aftermath and the components of various crimes with her trusty powder, magnifying glass and microscope.
In one episode it is shown that she can be bribed with a certain candy bar for lessons. Ingrid did this in A Wurm in Our Midst to get Tehama to teach her basic fingerprint detection with powder and brushes.
- "To Mar a Stall"
- "Test of the Tested"
- "A Wurm in Our Midst"
- "Red Robins Don't Fly"
- "Nappers Never Sleep"
- "Ingrid Third, Public Enemy #1"
- "Next Stop, Armageddon"
- "Masterstroke of Malevolence"
- "Two Wheels, Full Throttle, No Brakes"
- "Of Slain Kings on Checkered Fields"
- "A Forgotten Yesterday"
- "The Shreds Fell Like Snowflakes"
- "Foes Don't Forgive"
- "The Unseen Reflection"
- "Code Name: Electric Haircut"
- "Play On, Maestro! Play On!"
- Forensics - Karen's interest and central skill, allows her to search crime scenes for fingerprints and other clues left by the perpetrator.
- Profiling - Karen has shown skills in gathering data quickly such as minutes from club meetings and gathering specific past case files.