Mickey and his friends' disco night at the roller rink is placed in peril when Peg-Leg Pete and his gang crash the party and ruin the fun.
Mickey and his friends arrive at the disco skating rink. As they all skate, dance and show off, Pete, two Beagle Boys, and Ursula arrive and crash the joint, turning disco into heavy rock. They also throw almost everyone, including Mickey and his Friends, out the rink while keeping other hostages. Mickey, not wanting the night to be ruin, tries to get in and get Pete to give back the rink, but gets kicked out again. Mickey decides that it would be best if they will skate somewhere else.
First, Mickey chooses the top of a building that's deserted, but it turns out to be demolished with one of the worker blowing it up to nothing and causing the Sensational Six to fall. Next, he tries a ballroom that his friend Chip told him about that hasn't been used in years, in which really, however, turns out to be owned by the Beast, who is annoyed with the noise they're making and roars at them, tearing of the screen, the Sensational Six’s colors and causing them to turn to pieces. Finally, they choose the pier, with only the speaker at the remaining piece of the radio they've been using, when all of a sudden beachgoers start remeshing about, causing them to go flying back to the skating rink where they started.
With no where else to skate, Mickey's friends finally give up but Mickey announces the rink is where they belong, renewing their spirits and vowing to return it to its glory. They enter the rink again, where they confront Pete and his gang. Mickey uses some sort of magic of disco, giving him and friends disco clothes and fixing up and re-styling the rink. Using their moves and magic, they manage free everyone and scare off Pete and his gang.
With the villains now gone, the Sensational Six as well as everyone continue partying in the skating rink, with Mickey announcing that they are going enjoying all the rest of the night it no interference as they being to continue dance to the groove.
Cast and characters
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Pat Carroll as Ursula
- Jim Cummings as Pete
- Bill Farmer as Goofy
- Tress MacNeille as Daisy Duck
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse
- Beagle Boys
- Yen Sid
- Beast (cameo)
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (cameo)
- Lucille La Verne as one of the skaters
- Disco Magic
- This episode pays tribute to the Mickey Mouse Disco album of the 1970s.
- The roller rink is named after Yen Sid from Fantasia, who also appears as the rink’s DJ.
- Big Time from DuckTales appears as one of the Beagle Boys, as indicated by his stature and prison number “167-671”.
- When Ursula is first introduced as Pete’s date, she takes the guise of her human alter-ego, Vanessa.
- When Ursula assaults the skaters, the scream of The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs can be heard amongst the panicked crowd.
- Chip from Beauty and the Beast is mentioned as Mickey’s “buddy”.
- The ballroom of Beast's Castle and the pier from “No Service” appear during Mickey’s search for a new roller rink.
- It is the second appearance of the Beast in the series as a cameo, the first time he appeared was in the episode "The Adorable Couple".