It looks like a huge fish-man with green scales, fins on its back, its head, its arms, and legs, and it also has yellow eyes.
This creature is very aggressive against people and magical creatures. It will attack and bite anyone and it seems to know who Jake is and wants to take his powers. When it was captured, it was in chains and it was muzzled.
Powers and abilities
- Fangs/Canine-teeth: The Kelpie has sharp teeth that can bite creatures. It prefers to bite the neck so it would be easier and quicker to drain a magical creature's abilities and form although it keeps its voice while assuming another form.
- Power Absorption: When the Kelpie bites a any creature it also absorbs their powers to shapeshift into them.
- Shape-shifting/Transformation: The Kelpie feeds so it can assume the form or shape or powers of whatever magical creatures or non-magical creature on which it feeds. When it feeds it drains the creature's essence and sends the creature's soul into total darkness unless it can escape. It was able to transform into the following:
- Super Strength: The Kelpie while in its regular form possess inhuman strength, speed, and reflexes. It is a formidable foe and strong enough to take down a dragon. This is why it is one of the most dangerous sea creatures in the magical world.
- Strategic ability: Kelpie prefers a stealthy approach when coming into contact with a powerful magical creature such as a dragon. It also finds a way to strike from the inside and make sure the target does not have a clue that it is being hunted.
- Another Kelpie was seen in Magic Enemy #1
- The Kelpie was one of the Top 13 Threats to the Magical Community.
- The real-life Kelpie was a malevolent shape shifting water monster from Scottish folklore that often took the form of a horse.
- When Silver was demonstrating the Kelpie's escape, the Kelpie is shown much larger than the guards, but when he was chasing the guards, he is now short as a human.