Bob has a demanding, overbearing, impatient, but at times, an honorable personality. He also has knowledge of many of the rules of the playground as well as the unwritten student code of honor. On the few times he is pranked, he obsesses over pranking back the perpetrator, going so far as to abandon his duties for some time.
During the episode "Pharaoh Bob" we learned a little about Bob's introspective side. Realizing the children of the playground had already forgotten their previous monarchs, Bob began to obsess over his legacy. His attempts to write his memoirs lend further weight to this.
He is typically depicted in a white and blue number 8 jersey, white and red wristbands, a blue lined red cape, blue jeans, and a hockey stick in his hand. He has black hair and a rather neat unibrow that he is never seen without, even after his haircut in "Bad Hair Day". His most notable piece of clothing is his yellow crown-shaped hockey or football helmet with a brown B on its front. In Recess: School's Out it is revealed that he has graduated from 6th grade and will be leaving 3rd Street School to attend Middle School, naming Freddy as his successor.
- King Bob held the title of "Prankster Prince" before he became king.
- As revealed in the "Fifth and Sixth Graders Club" segment of "Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade", King Bob has authority over all his successors, even though he already graduated.
- King Bob had his tonsils out.
- He claims that he did not cry when "the doctor pulled [him] out".
- King Bob's mother calls him Bobby.
- He has a uni-brow like Conrad Mundy.
- He talked with speedy in the 4th grade.
- He liked Chad in the 4th grade.
- He can send people to the dodgeball wall for not following the rules.