Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory is a 2020 rhythm-action video game based on the Kingdom Hearts series. The fourteenth installment in the franchise, it was announced in June 16, 2020 and was later released on PlayStaion 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch the same year.
Taking place while Kairi dreams, after going through her memories for a clue to find Sora, she ends up in the Final World. There, she meets Master Xehanort, who was created from her memories of his various incarnations. She fights him, only to be knocked down. Sora uses the link between his heart and Kairi's to briefly possess her and beat Xehanort. Xehanort rewards Kairi by revealing that there is "Another Side" beyond the three realms; it's where Sora has gone.
Kairi awakens in Ansem the Wise's lab, revealing what Xehanort told her. Ansem, Even and Ienzo believe that this new realm is a place of Fiction or "Unreality" due to it not playing by the rules of their own reality. Riku arrives with Fairy Godmother, who reveals that Xehanort's information and Riku's dream of Sora are two of three keys needed. Fairy Godmother takes Riku and Kairi to the the Final World, where they meet the Nameless Star, whom is revealed to be from the city of Quadratum in the Unreality. With her help, Riku opens a portal to Quadratum and leaves to find Sora.
Kairi informs Yen Sid, Mickey, Donald and Goofy of the news. Yen Sid tasks Donald and Goofy with informing Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Xion and Lea to cease their respective searches. Kairi plans go resume training, but under Aqua's tutelage. Mickey is tasked with searching Scala ad Caeleum for clues.
- Team Classic: Sora, Donald and Goofy
- Team Days: Roxas, Axel and Xion
- Team BBS: Aqua, Terra and Ventus
- Team 3D: Riku, Meow Wow and Komory Bat
- Extra: King Mickey
- Kairi narrates 29 of the 36 pieces of the memory archives.
- Toy Box, Kingdom of Corona, Arendelle, Monstropolis and San Fransokyo do not follow the same playthrough as the rest of the Disney worlds; they only have one song each. Though in Arendelle's case no field theme is used, instead being "Let It Go".
- Additionally, Toy Box, Kingdom of Corona, Arendelle, Monstropolis and San Fransokyo only appear as Memory Dives
- The game marks the return of The Land of Dragons, Timeless River, Pride Lands and Space Paranoids after their only world appearances in Kingdom Hearts II.
- Atlantica also makes a return to the game 15 years later after it was last utilized in Kingdom Hearts II.
- 280 points are needed to unlock the last three songs on the world map; appropriately hard to accomplish as One Winged Angel and Rage Awakened (themes of Sephiroth and Lingering Will, VERY hard bosses from past games) are located there.
- The boss themes for Commantis and Hockeymonkey/Holey Moley are not included.
- 100 Acre Wood, Port Royal/The Caribbean, Symphony of Sorcery, Olympus and Deep Jungle are the ONLY Disney worlds not included in Melody of Memory.
- However, scenes from the former appear in Don't Think Twice's track, but only showing Sora, Donald and Goofy.
- Jack Skellington, Tron, and Prince Phillip do not appear as a guest party member in their worlds of Halloween Town, Space Paranoids and Enchanted Dominion.
- Similarly to The Caribbean, any characters FROM Halloween Town do not appear in Simple and Clean's track.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, when Kingdom of Corona is mentioned in Kairi's narration, its called "The Fairy Tale Kingdom" instead, however in the Japanese version, Kairi mentions Kingdom of Corona's name.