She is the Latina frenemy of Penny. She is wealthy, beautiful, and was once voted the most popular girl at school. She once started a rumor about Penny and nerdy boy Myron because she was mad that Penny didn't invite her to a party she threw.
LaCienega wears a red jacket over a pink shirt, blue jeans. She even has long brown hair with a red flower hairclip to match her jacket. She also wears blue shoes and pink socks that match her jeans and shirt respectively. She also wears a red bracelet that corrolates with her jacket and flower. It's usually seen on her left wrist but sometimes on her right.
LaCienega appears to be very conceited, but deep down, she's sensitive, insecure and a bit jealous of Penny because she's a grounded individual. Penny is usually stuck with her and they consistently bully one another. Early in the show, LaCienega was able to convince Penny's family that she was a very sweet young lady, when in fact, she was arrogant, vain, selfish, snobbish, and obnoxious. In later episodes, Penny's mother seems to have caught onto LaCienega's "perfect angel" routine and she starts to let her true colors show more often. Penny and LaCienega mainly hang out with each other because their parents and grandparents are best friends and they share the same circle of friends, but eventually they get used to each other and start enjoying each other's company. Deep down, she likes Penny quite a bit, but is too arrogant to outright show or admit it. She is also a founding member of an R&B girl group called L.P.D.Z.
LaCienega has plenty of flaws in her personality and is particularly a problem for Penny, but deep down she is very sensitive and cares a lot about her family and friends, even Penny. For example, she along with Dijonay showed concern for Penny's safety by looking after her while Gary was agressively hitting on her at a high school party they attended after winning the Hip Hop Helicopter Dance Contest. She once risked her safety and freedom to rescue her grandfather Papi Boulevardez from Happy Endings Retirement Home because her perents didn't seem to care as much about his well being as she did. She's also a hard worker. Like Penny, she too gets straight A's in school and also likes to keep herself and all of her belongings neat. She gradually becomes nicer towards the end of the original series while still retaining her trademark sassiness.
- LaCienaga's name translates to "the wetlands" or "the swamp" in Spanish.
- It was revealed in "Love Thy Neighbor" that LaCienega has big duck-like feet and she's also a good swimmer and that she seems to wear water shoes when she goes to the beach or to the pool.
- Ironically, although she is ashamed of her big feet, when LaCienaga was crowned the winner in a beauty contest by Wizard Kelly, she was supremely confident on stage wearing a yellow swimsuit and being barefoot.
- However, in other episodes, LaCienaga's feet are normal sized instead of large.
- In "Hip-Hop Helicopter", LaCienega's feet are shown to be normal size when she, Penny, Zoey, and Dijonay wore their outfits on live TV.
- In "A Star is Scorned", LaCienaga's feet are shown to be small when she is wearing platform sandals.
- In "Crouching Trudy, Hidden Penny", When LaCienega was barefooted for almost the entire episode, her feet are shown to be normal.
- In "Psycho Duck", when Penny saved Chester from drowning, LaCienega's feet are small.
- LaCienega and her mother Sunset are named after La Cienega Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, two Los Angeles area arterial roads that meet in West Hollywood, California.
- LaCienega used to have more of a Spanish accent, but eventually, her voice became more loud and scratchy.
- LaCienega has shown herself to be a better friend to Penny than Dijonay on several occasions. One being in The Camp, the Counselor, the Mole, and the Rock where LaCienega offered Penny her breath mints and lip gloss so that her breath wouldn't smell bad in the event she got to kiss Tory. She also covered for Penny as promised when her dad angrily stormed in to pull Penny out of camp and ground her, while Dijonay eagarly sold Penny out.
- ↑ http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Proud-Family/LaCienega-Boulevardez/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0721216/?ref_=tt_cl_t8
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0060502/?ref_=tt_cl_t8