She is served by her jackal-like Troggles and, on occasion, Duke Igthorn, whose crush on her she finds extremely annoying, although she does agree to a dinner date with Igthorn if she figures it would forge an alliance to destroy the Gummies.
In the episode "Rocking Chair Bear", it is discovered that Lady Bane is in reality extremely old, and uses magic to "de-age" herself by stealing Sunni's youth, until the other Gummies manage to reverse it. She has two friends, witches named Evelyn and Emmadrille.
- "The Road to Ursalia" (first appearance)
- "Life of the Party" (first meeting with Ightorn)
- "A Gummi is a Gummi's Best Friend"
- "Patchwork Gummi" (second meeting with Ightorn)
- "Tummi Trouble" (faces Ightorn for the last time)
- "Rocking Chair Bear" (final appearance, and it is revealed that she is over 100 years old)
- The creators of the television program took inspiration for the character from the historical figure of Lucrezia Borgia.
- Lady Bane's appearance and personality also seem to be based on the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- She is one of a relatively small group of humans who know of or find out about the existence of Gummi Bears during the course of the series. Other humans that become explicitly aware of the bears, are Cavin, Princess Calla, Duke Igthorn, Sir Gawain, Princess Marie, Angelo Davini, Flint Shrubwood, the Hunter, Rotocelli, Doctor Dexter, Marzipan, Lord Willoughby, Prince Yen Moon and his subjects, and the boy who turned himself into a Giant, from the episode "When You Wish Upon a Stone".