The Recess Gang visits Kauai so Gretchen can use a telescope to examine what she believes is a new planet. Meanwhile, an experiment designed to make people stop working zaps Stitch, Jumba, and Pleakley with its lazy energy beam. Lilo is forced to depend on her new friends to catch Lax while Stitch takes a vacation.
- Moral: Work can also be fun if you try to find a way to make it so.
- Xfinity/Comcast listings state that this episode premiered on August 9, 2005.
- Also on Xfinity/Comcast listings, if viewers press "Captions", there are no subtitles.
- Only Pamela Adlon, Rickey D'Shon Collins, Ashley Johnson, and April Winchell reprised their roles as Spinelli, Vince, Gretchen, and Miss Finster from the original Recess show. T.J. was replaced by Axel Alba, Mikey with Zack Shada, and Gus with Zach Ewing.
- This is the only time Nani appears in a crossover episode.
- There are a couple of moments between T.J. and Spinelli, like when he asked her to help him out with distracting the experiment Lax. Also, when the six kids plus Lilo and Stitch were all at the observatory, right before the two of them both get zapped by Lax, Spinelli is seen quickly taking T.J. by the hand and then running up together to the rooftop of the building. After that, they are both seen goofing off together on the beach, while under Lax's spell.
- The Recess Gang are the only characters from a One Saturday Morning show to appear in an episode of a Disney Channel series. Also, this marks the final appearance of the Recess Gang on television.
- There is a minor continuity error in this episode. While it takes place around 2005 (though the episode itself didn't air until 2006), it is made explicitly clear in Recess that the show takes place over the course of the 1997-1998 school year, with Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade taking place at the start of the 1998-1999 school year.
- Because the only teacher appearing in this episode is Miss Finster, as well as Miss Grotke neither being seen nor mentioned, the gang was probably still in the fifth grade in the episode.