Pepper Ann kisses up to her slacker cousin Ned who may be getting a "set of wheels" for his 16th birthday so Pepper Ann can be driven to school by a high schooler.
Pepper Ann is once again embarrassed to be dropped off at school by her mother Lydia. Milo and Nicky sympathize and wonder what it would be like to be dropped off at high school, which they assume is better. When Nicky points out Pepper Ann's cousin Ned Diggety is in high school, she tells her that he "doesn't count", as he rides a rather beaten up bike to school. At home, Ned turns down several interesting activities from the adults, but when Pepper Ann asks to take part in them, they all tell her that she is too young. They remind her that next week is Ned's birthday and that he will receive a new "set of wheels". Pepper Ann takes this to mean a car and starts kissing up to Ned.
Pepper Ann tells Nicky and Milo what she heard and her plans and they openly push for her to go through with it. Ned explains that he would like to go see the Cheese Capades, but that tickets are sold out. Pepper Ann asks Tessa and Vanessa, whose mother works for the show, for extra tickets and they agree when Pepper Ann offers them a ride. Later, Ned wants to see a cheese making documentary at the Hazelnut Player's Guild. Pepper Ann gets Trinket to give them access, again with the promise that she can ride in Ned's new car. When Ned asks for a gourmet dinner, Pepper Ann asks Dieter who is much more reluctant to accept. He goes through with cooking a dinner, but angrily leaves when Ned indirectly insults his cooking.
Ned's birthday arrives and Pepper Ann waits for the "set of wheels", only to learn that they were being literal as Ned got a set of bike wheels. A horrified Pepper Ann sulks in shame and Ned reveals that he knew that she expected a car. He had willingly allowed her to kiss up to him to get special treatment. Ned claims that he was just like her at her age, but then admits that it just felt right to say that, which amuses Pepper Ann. Pepper Ann decides to accept a ride on his bike as they both realize that they are being chased by her friends. Pepper Ann tells Ned to keep pedaling as the people in Hazelnut are crazy.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Ned Diggety, Dieter Lederhosen
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Adlon as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson
- Tino Insana as JoJo Diggety
- Cree Summer as Tessa and Vanessa James
- Susan Tolsky as Janie Diggety
- Jenna von Oÿ as Trinket St. Blair
- This episode reveals that Vanessa and Tessa's mother is a costume designer.
- Nicky once again displays a bossy attitude in this episode.
- Craig Bean is credited in this episode, as well as "Quiz Bowl", despite not actually appearing in either one.