|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Lightyear is an upcoming American 3D computer animated film produced by Pixar set to be released on June 17, 2022. The film is a spin-off of the Toy Story franchise, set within the narrative ("the show within the movie") of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. It will be Pixar's 26th animated feature.
“Lightyear” is a sci-fi action-adventure and the definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear (voice of Chris Evans)—the pilot who inspired the toy. The film reveals how a young test pilot became the Space Ranger that we all know him to be today. “Lightyear” is directed by Angus MacLane, produced by Galyn Susman, and opens in theaters in Summer 2022. 
- This is the second time Toy Story got a spin-off since Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
- This is Disney's second animated spin-off to be produced in 2.35:1. aspect ratio, after Planes: Fire & Rescue.
- The second Pixar film to be released on June 17th, after Finding Dory.
- Contrary to people's expectations, this is not the first time Buzz is played by an actor other than Tim Allen. The list includes:
- Pat Fraley (Toy Story Treats, video games, attractions)
- Patrick Warburton (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)
- Javier Fernandez-Peña (Spanish mode)
- Mike MacRae (video games)
- Corey Burton (Disney on Ice)
- When the movie was announced, many people were thrown into great confusion over it. This can be largely attributed to the human character and the toy sharing the same name, which led many people to believe the human Lightyear's voice actor, Chris Evans, would replace the toy Lightyear's voice actor, Tim Allen, to become the new voice of the character. Disney later clarified on Twitter that this was not the case. 
- This is the second Pixar movie to have a Marvel Cinematic Universe actor after Onward.