- “Being in the Emperor's Coven was my dream. I wanted to work alongside the most powerful witch on the Isles and make the world a better place.”
- ―Lilith telling Luz about her childhood dream[src]
Lilith is the opposite of Eda. She is loyal and devoted to the laws of magic, and is considered to be one of the most honorable and respected witches on the Boiling Isles. As leader of the Emperor's Coven, it is her duty to enforce the Emperor's laws as well train new generations of powerful witches. Among those witches is Amity Blight, who she considers one of her top students.
Her relationship with her sister is full of bickering and conflict. She despises Eda's life choices, and her constant mocking and antics grimes on her nerves enough to break her self-discipline. However, despite their differences, Lilith is shown to deep down care about her sister.
It is revealed that Lilith hates how Eda is more powerful than her. During the duel to save Luz, Lilith was losing despite her advantage by holding Luz prisoner.
Her jealousy was the reason she cursed her sister, something which she is ashamed of.
After Belos reveled he had no intention of curing her sister she rebelled against the emperor she served for years and turned to Luz to help her rescue Eda. After she, Luz, and King successfully save Eda and escape, she cast a spell so she and Eda would share the curse together in order to make amends for the wrong she committed; claiming it is what she should have done long ago.
Lilith is a tall, slender middle aged woman in her mid to late forties (two years older than Eda). She has ivory skin, pointy ears, dark teal lips, long, dark teal hair (formally red when she was younger), and aquamarine eyes. She has dark gray claw-like nails and an inverted kite-shaped sky blue gem on her sternum. After splitting the curse between herself and Eda in "Young Blood, Old Souls", Lilith's right eye becomes gray, and she gains a gray streak on the right side of her hair.
She wears a long-sleeved two-tone dark gray dress and dark gray laced boots.
Powers and abilities
- Magic: Since she is part of the Emperor's Coven, she has access to all forms of magic, and like all the other witches, her connection comes from a sac of magic bile attached to her heart. To cast a spell, Lilith must make a glowing Spell Circle with either her finger or magic staff. Although not as powerful as Eda or Emperor Belos, she is considered a formidable opponent. However, after sharing the curse with Eda, her magic becomes heavily crippled.
- Fire Magic: Lilith can cast blue fire.
- Teleportation: Lilith can teleport herself.
- Pain Sharing: From a young age, Lilith can use her magic to share any physical wounds or curses. This helps minimize the pain/effects, but in turn she is affected as well.
- Like Eda, the palisman on Lilith's staff is a bird, specifically a raven.
- Lilith is probably named after the demon who fell in love with Adam before Eve in Jewish Mythology.
- "Wing It Like Witches" revealed that Lilith used to have red hair when she was a teenager.
- In "Agony of a Witch", it is revealed that Lilith is the one who cursed Eda.