"Little Buddy" is the first segment of the sixty-third episode of Big City Greens.
Cricket mentors a wild child, and Tilly develops a cult following.
The kids are at the community center where Community Sue has all of them paired with a Little Buddy. While Tilly is happy to do some volunteer work, Cricket is only doing it so that he can get the free pizza that comes with it. All the kids get their Little Buddy with Tilly getting a quiet girl named Emma and Cricket getting a rowdy boy named Chase. Cricket is horrified by Chase's behavior and tries to switch, but Sue tells him that he needs to stick with him until three o'clock or else, he will not get the pizza. Tilly immediately takes to Emma who finds her to be wise with her sayings and begins to listen to her while Cricket cannot handle Chase.
Cricket manages to get advice from Tilly. Though he fails to understand it, Emma thinks it is the wisest thing she has heard and soon gathers the other kids to come and listen to her. After a while, the children, calling themselves Till-ites, start to make Tilly uncomfortable. While trying to wrangle Chase, Cricket ends up teaching him how to duck and roll. This impresses him and Cricket decides to teach him how to do a variety of stunts such as climbing, dodging and swinging. Having mastered these tricks, Cricket decides to teach Chase how to pull off a big stunt involving a giant bouncy ball and fire extinguishers. However, when three o'clock rolls around, Cricket completely abandons Chase.
Chase gets mad at Cricket and runs away, causing Sue to tell Cricket that he managed to last longer than any of the other Big Buddies that had paired up with him and that he clearly managed to break through to him. Realizing his mistake, Cricket gives up on his pizza and chases after Chase. Tilly having been cornered by the Till-ites tricks them into thinking that she has ascended. Cricket finally catches up with Chase, who was performing the stunts that he had taught him, and apologizes for giving up on him easily. The two of them decide to finish the stunt they had set up and fly around the gymnasium; scaring all the adults there.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Zeno Robinson as Remy Remington
- Betsy Sodaro as Community Sue
- Adelynn Spoon as Emma
- Carson Minniear as Chase
- Monica Ray as Kiki Kitashima
- Tim Robinson as Gregly
- Lamar Woods as Weezie
- Be there for others when they need it.
- Behind every rambunctious mentee is a good follower.
- The close-up of Cricket apologizing to Chase in the bleachers was used for a trailer promoting Season 3, with Cricket's dialogue redubbed at least seven times with his mouth movements reanimated to have him lip-sync to the new words, and he is looking at the viewer instead of Chase.
- First Season 3 episode where Bill and Gramma were absent.
- February 20, 2022 (Canada)
- March 16, 2022 (Australia & New Zealand, Singapore)
- April 27, 2022 (United Kingdom & Ireland)