In the Magical Forest, during a time of great upheaval, Henry is chased by an unknown entity, and heads to a hut, where Lucy sleeps. Waking her up, he informs his daughter that they have been discovered. She is given the Once Upon a Time book which she vows to protect with her life. Requesting her to get to safety and share the stories, he says his goodbyes to her and has her escape, as he stays back to fight the incoming opponent. Returning to her home the following morning, she finds her house in ruins, and begins to cry, until Tiger Lily arrives. Regretting her decision to leave, Tiger Lily makes it clear that she was right to follow her father's instructions, having kept the book safe. She then instructs her to head to her mother who is waiting, before revealing the fairies prophecised the reunion between her and her father, however, the future is unclear, and she cannot state whether they will be alright. She then advises Lucy to never lose hope.
Between this time, the Dark Curse is cast and Lucy is sent to Hyperion Heights, with no memory of her past life in the Magical Forest.
Lucy travels to Seattle with a book containing the history of her family. Heading to an apartment, she knocks on the door, and finds a man who opens it and greets him, asking if he is Henry Mills. When he confirms his identity, she reveals herself to be his daughter, to his disbelief. Maintaining who she is, she urges Henry to help his family who are in danger.
After the 'Dark Curse' is broken and Gothel is turned into a tree, she happily reunites with her parents and Regina now that her memories from before the curse have been restored.
- During the present day events, Lucy is ten years old.
- The manner of her arrival and meeting of her father parallels him and her grandmother in the "Pilot".
- Her relationship with her step-grandmother parallels her father and adoptive grandmother in the first season.
- She has ran away, sneaked into places, and did acts of theft similar to her father, grandmother, and late grandfather.
- Even without her memories, Lucy still believed that the curse was real and did everything she could to restore everyone's memories. After Roni revealed she remembered her life as Regina, Lucy was ecstatic..
- Lucy likely only knows Regina as her adoptive grandmother, as the other relationship (step-great-great grandmother) is a bit complex for her to comprehend..