This page contains mature content. Continue on at your own risk.
Marvel's Luke Cage is a Netflix show based around the Marvel character Luke Cage. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise. The first season was released on September 30, 2016 and the second season was released on June 22, 2018, with both seasons having a positive reception. However, the show was cancelled after two seasons on October 19, 2018 due to creative differences between Netflix and the writers of the show.
After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city--forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage/Carl Lucas
- Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth/Cornell Strokes
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Theo Rossi as Shades/Alvarez 
- Erik LaRay Harvey as Diamondback/Willis Stryker 
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard
- Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett
- Sonia Braga as Soledad Temple
- Mustafa Shakir as Bushmaster/John Quincy McIver
- Gabrielle Dennis as Tilda Johnson
Behind the Scenes
- On November 7, 2013, Marvel Studios announced a joint project with Netflix that would bring a 13-episode Luke Cage series to television. The series will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will tie into series featuring Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones, and will culminate in a Defenders series.
- On March 30, 2015, Netflix and Marvel Television announced that Cheo Hodari Coker will serve as executive producer and showrunner of the anticipated series, "Marvel’s Luke Cage". Coker is writing the first two episodes of the series that premiered in 2016.
- The cancellation announcement for Luke Cage came a week after Iron Fist was cancelled by Netflix.
- Netflix Pulls The Plug On ‘Luke Cage’, No Season 3 For Marvel’s Harlem Hero
- Alfre Woodard Joins 'Marvel's Luke Cage' For Netflix
- Mahershala Ali Joins the Cast of the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Luke Cage'
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Casts Simone Missick In Key Role
- Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’: Theo Rossi Cast, Rosario Dawson To Reprise ‘Daredevil’ Role
- Luke Cage Fights New Villain In Latest Set Photos
- Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’ Adds Frank Whaley
- Rob Morgan Reprising Role As Turk Barrett In Luke Cage
- Sonia Braga Joins the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Luke Cage'
- Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series
- Cheo Hodari Coker Will Serve as Executive Producer and Showrunner of 'Marvel's Luke Cage' For Netflix