- Lynda was a demolition derby queen and the toughest lady in her class -- that is, until The King stole her heart with his gentlemanly charm. It wasn't long before she turned in her roll cage for a two-car garage in the country with her sweet "Daddy Rabbit."
In the film, she is the wife of Strip Weathers. She is first seen with him and Tex Dinoco at the Motor Speedway of the South, as they comment about the results of the race. Lynda tells the King that he will always be a winner to her no matter what happens.
As the final Piston Cup race at the Los Angeles International Speedway is being prepared, Lynda informs the King to be careful on the track. She and Tex are next seen in the attendance, cheering for the King to make them proud. However, they both get shocked when the King is involved in a huge crash caused by Chick Hicks on the final lap. Their disappointed is soon solved when they see Lightning McQueen sacrifice his victory so he can push the King to the finish line in order to have him finish his last race. Afterwards, Lynda kisses McQueen on the cheek to thank him for what he did.
In the mid-credit scene, she goes to the Racing Museum with the King and Junior, where they learn about the history of Doc Hudson as a racer. She asks Mater if Doc is around, to which Mater replies that he thinks Doc went out for a drive.
- According to Car Finder, Lynda is modeled on a 1975 Family Estate Wagon 426 C.I. Hemi Motor. She is also based on a 1974 Chrysler Town & Country station wagon, which is what the Petty family would travel in to watch Richard Petty compete in his races.
- Merchandise releases and the Cars credits simply call her "Mrs. The King", along with Mater referring to her by that name.
- Despite that her husband Strip appears in Cars 3, Lynda isn't seen or mentioned in the film. This is likely due to her voice actress Lynda Petty has passed away from spinal cancer three years before the film was released.
- "Car Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.