M.E.R.C. (short for Mechanical Emotionally Responsive Creature) is the name of Miles Callisto's pet robotic ostrich and the deuteragonist in the Disney Junior animated series, Miles from Tomorrowland.
Official Disney Bio
- Miles' best friend is a robo-ostrich M.E.R.C. (a Mechanical Emotionally Responsive Creature). Programmed to have feelings and fully loaded with an extensible neck and rocket boosters he's do anything to keep Miles safe!
- Extendable Neck: M.E.R.C.'s neck can extend to a great length, useful to view things from a high angle, or give his friends a group hug.
- Rocket Boosters: While real ostriches cannot fly, M.E.R.C. is one that can with the use of rocket boosters. When in flight, M.E.R.C.'s holographic wings can morph into cylinder rocket jets. When in Galactech mode, his wings will morph into triangular prism-shaped rocket jets.
- Holo Shields: When in danger, M.E.R.C.'s holographic wings can morph into shields strong enough to withstand a rock slide.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Body: M.E.R.C. has the ability to make his body glow in the dark, making him a useful source of light during extremely dark operations. M.E.R.C. first received this ability from Admirals Watson and Crick in "Attack of the Flickorax".
- Heat Resistance: Miles mentions that M.E.R.C's body is capable of resisting high temperatures.
- Heat Blasters: In Galactech Mode, M.E.R.C. can shoot heat blasters from his wings.
- Sonic Squawk: In "The S'Leet Heist" Miles showed that M.E.R.C. can produce a sonic squawk.
- Despite being a robot, M.E.R.C. is able to eat food such as anti-gravity pancakes and ice cream.
- M.E.R.C. learns to pilot the Stellosphere in "Downsized".
- In the "Adventures in Robo-Pet Sitting" it is revealed by Leo Callisto that they got M.E.R.C. when Miles was born.
- It's revealed in "Unplugged" when M.E.R.C got hit by a solar flare, he reverted to the basic meaning he could only hop (meaning no wings, boosters, or holo shields).
- In "The Mystery of Atlantix" M.E.R.C. obtains an aqua mode.
- M.E.R.C. can play music on his wings since in "Ride of the Quarkons".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.