|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is an upcoming American epic dark fantasy film which will be released on October 18, 2019. As the official sequel to the 2014 film Maleficent, Angelina Jolie will return to portray the titular role of the same name along with Elle Fanning.
A fantasy adventure that picks up several years after Maleficent, in which audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney's most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy and the soon to be Queen, as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within.
- Angelina Jolie as Maleficent
- Elle Fanning as Aurora
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Queen Ingrith
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Conall
- Sam Riley as Diaval
- Ed Skrein as Borra
- Harris Dickinson as Prince Phillip
- Imelda Staunton as Knotgrass
- Juno Temple as Thistlewit
- Lesley Manville as Flittle
- Robert Lindsay as King John
- Jenn Murray as Gerda
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil was originally scheduled for theatrical release on May 29, 2020, until it was moved up to October 18, 2019. The teaser trailer was released on May 13, 2019, and the official trailer was released on July 8.
- This is the third sequel to a Disney live-action adaptation of an animated film after 102 Dalmatians and Alice Through the Looking Glass.
- Harris Dickinson is taking over the role of Prince Phillip from Brenton Thwaites due to the latter's scheduling conflicts with the web series Titans.
- Actors Angelina Jolie and Chiwetel Ejiofor previously collaborated in the 2010 film Salt.
- The title Mistress of Evil was used for some foreign language versions of the first Maleficent film.
- Due to being released on the same day as Fox Searchlight Pictures' Jojo Rabbit, this marks the last time Disney theatrically releases both films on the same day. It is also the last time both a Disney film and a Fox film in general are theatrically released on the same day, due to conflicting schedule changes by Disney (which acquired 21st Century Fox, including 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight Pictures, back on March 20, 2019) and the fact that Disney will continue to release Disney films and Fox films on separate days from November 2019 onwards.
- Both Imelda Staunton and Warwick Davis previously worked in the Harry Potter franchise as Dolores Umbridge, Filius Flitwick, and Griphook, respectively.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Angelina Jolie all have roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Ejiofor plays Baron Mordo, Pfeiffer portrays Janet van Dyne, and later Jolie has been cast as Thena in Eternals.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Angelina Jolie’s Maleficent 2 Taps Pirates of the Caribbean Director Joachim Ronning". Variety. (October 4, 2017)
- ↑ 'Maleficent' Sequel Adds 'Pirates 5' Composer (Exclusive)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 "Maleficent 2 release date moved up and title revealed". Deadline.com. (March 6, 2019)
- ↑ Angelina Jolie Says Maleficent 2 is Going to be a ‘Really Strong Sequel’
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BiLvV6QH4MW/?hl=es&taken-by=ellefanning
- ↑ "Michelle Pfeiffer in Talks to Join Angelina Jolie in ‘Maleficent 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)". (April 28, 2018)
- ↑ "Ed Skrein Lands Villain Role in ‘Maleficent’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. (April 17, 2018)
- ↑ "‘Trust’ Star Harris Dickinson to Play the Prince in Disney’s ‘Maleficent 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved on May 2, 2018.
- ↑ "My Family star Robert Lindsay teases his role in Disney's Maleficent 2". Digital Spy. Retrieved on July 15, 2018.
- ↑ "‘Fantastic Beasts’ Actress Jenn Murray Joins ‘Maleficent 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved on May 17, 2018.
- ↑ 'Maleficent' Sequel On Disney Drawing Board As Linda Woolverton Makes Scripting Deal
- ↑ "Chiwetel Ejiofor Reportedly In Talks For Maleficent 2". Screen Rant. (May 3, 2018)