Residents of the Marine Life Institute, Fluke and Rudder, Destiny, Hank, and Bailey comment on Dory when she lived in the Marine Life Institute. The last image of the short film features Dory who is unable to remember any of her encounters with the residents of the Marine Life Institute.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a Pacific regal blue tang
- Ed O'Neill as Hank, an ill-tempered seven-armed octopus with "3 hearts" of gold
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, a whale shark
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale
- Idris Elba as Fluke, a sea lion
- Dominic West as Rudder, a sea lion
- At the startup scene, A113 can be seen briefly during the film leader countdown at "5" before the title appears.
- None of the actors who voiced the characters in this short are credited in the English version.
- Because Marlin and Nemo do not appear in this short, Dory is the only main character from the franchise to appear in this short. This makes it the first and only Finding Nemo production where Marlin and Nemo do not appear.
- This is the second movie-based Pixar short to be exclusively available on Blu-ray, not on DVD, after Riley's First Date?.