Michael Keaton (born Michael John Douglas) is an American actor, producer, and director, who is best known for his roles as the titular character in Tim Burton's Beetlejuice, the titular character in the 1989 live-action film, Batman and its sequel, Batman Returns, Riggan Thomson in the 2014 critically acclaimed black comedy film, Birdman, for which he earned a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Actor, and Walter V. Robinson in the 2015 critically acclaimed biographical drama film, Spotlight.
For Disney and Pixar, he voiced Chick Hicks in Cars, the titular character in Porco Rosso, and Ken in Toy Story 3. He was also mentioned in the The Muppets episode "Got Silk?". He additionally played Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming, which takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He also portrayed V.A. Vandevere, the main villain of the 2019 version of Dumbo.
- 1986 - Kraft Salutes Walt Disney World's 10th Anniversary as Himself
- 1991 - One Good Cop as Artie Lewis
- 1992 - Porco Rosso as Porco Rosso (2005 Disney version)
- 2005 - Herbie: Fully Loaded as Ray Peyton, Sr.
- 2009 - Cars Race-O-Rama as Chick Hicks
- 2010 - Toy Story 3 as Ken
- 2011 - Hawaiian Vacation as Ken
- 2014 - Need for Speed as Monarch Maddon
- 2017 - Spider-Man: Homecoming as Vulture
- 2019 - Dumbo as V.A. Vandevere
- To avoid confusion with actor Michael Douglas, he based the name "Keaton" on legendary actor Buster Keaton.
- He was at one point considered to voice Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story, along with several other actors. The role was eventually given to Tim Allen.
- "Michael Keaton confirmed as the villain for Disney’s live-action remake, “Dumbo”". Inside the Magic. Retrieved on 26 June 2017.