Michael and Patricia "Patty" Silversher, sometimes billed as Silversher & Silversher, are an American composer team, known for writing songs for The Walt Disney Company, Jim Henson Television, Sony Wonder, MGM, and Warner Bros.
The two formerly-married composers are most famous for writing the theme songs for Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears (performed by John Williams' son Joseph Williams) and TaleSpin, as well as episodic songs for those two series, for DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and The Little Mermaid TV series. Other animated Disney productions that the duo wrote songs for, include The Return of Jafar, The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea, as well as two Winnie the Pooh productions.
That same year, Disneyland Records and Little Golden Books began producing Disney Read-Along adaptations of four of Mercer Mayer's Little Critter stories. These usually contained two songs each after the featured story, written by Michael and Patty Silversher and/or Larry Groce.
For the Muppets franchise and related Henson productions, they have written music and/or lyrics for properties now owned by Disney, such as Muppet Classic Theater and Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree, as well as for related Henson productions such as Animal Jam, Pajanimals, Sid The Science Kid, and Dinosaur Train.
They have been nominated for three Emmy Awards for outstanding music and lyrics, and also wrote songs for the Grammy Award-winning soundtrack album from Sesame Street's second theatrical feature, The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland.
Both artists are credited, unless specifically noted:
- Mickey Mouse Splashdance album (1983)
- "Happy, Happy Birthday to You" (with horn arrangements by Bill Meyers)
- "Digital Duck" (performer credit for both as well)
- "Hoedown at the Robot Farm"
- "One Little Android"
- "Chip 'n' Dale's Vacation"
- "Mickey, She's Got a Crush on You"
- "Gyro Gearloose" (co-produced by Tom Bocci)
- "Mousekemania" (performer credit only, for Michael Silversher)
- Disney Read-Along: Little Critter records (1983)
- Donald Duck's 50th Birthday (1984):
- "Happy, Happy Birthday to You (Donald Duck version)"
- "Can You Quack Like Donald Duck?"
- Adventures of the Gummi Bears (1985):
- DuckTales (1987):
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (1988):
- Mickey's 60th Birthday Surprise stage show at Disneyland and Walt Disney World (1988-1990):
- "Happy, Happy Birthday to You (Mickey Mouse version)"
- Mickey's 60th Birthday Parade at Disneyland (1988):
- TaleSpin (1990):
- "TaleSpin Theme (Spin It!)" (and variant released on The Disney Afternoon soundtrack)
- "I'm Gone" (and variant released on The Disney Afternoon soundtrack)
- "Home is Where the Heart Is" (and variant released on The Disney Afternoon soundtrack)
- "Sky Pirates"
- "Monkey In Your Tank" (with Chuck Tately, solely released on The Disney Afternoon soundtrack)
- "Friends for Life" (and variant in The Disney Afternoon Live!: Plane Crazy stage show, 1991)
- The TwelveDays of Christmas (1991):
- "Dear Santa" (and variant released on Disney's Sing-Along Songs: The Twelve Days of Christmas in 1993)
- Mickey Columbus (1992, unproduced):
- "It's a Round, Round World" (unreleased)
- The Little Mermaid (TV series) (1993):
- The Return of Jafar (1994):
- Boo to You Too! Winnie the Pooh (1996):
- A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving (1998):
- Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You (1999):
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000):
- Disney's Learning Adventures: Winnie the Pooh - ABCs (2002):
- "Credits in the image of the back cover of Mickey Mouse Splashdance". MouseVinyl.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-15.