Mickey's garden is being invaded by insects. Mickey, in an attempt to get rid of them, uses insecticide, but it eventually runs out, and the insects are able to continue eating. Mickey goes back and attempts to make some more insecticide, a custom mix of gasoline, tar, castor oil and sheep dip, just to name a few.
The insects return and resume eating all the food in the the garden. Mickey comes back and tries to poison the bugs, but the pump is blocked and Mickey tries to unblock it. At the same time, Pluto is chasing a bug. In the process, he get his head stuck inside a pumpkin. He runs about it with the pumpkin on his head and accidentally bumps into the pump of the sprayer while Mickey is still trying to unblock it, and effectively dousing him with the spray.
Reeling from the poison's effects, Mickey finds himself in an imaginary world where he and Pluto have shrunk and the bugs are giants. The bugs proceed to drink the insecticide and become intoxicated from it, and they start chasing Mickey and Pluto (who has gotten loose from the now-giant pumpkin), eventually ending with Pluto getting swallowed by a hiccuping firefly and Mickey wrestling a worm.
Eventually Mickey wakes up and discovers, much to his delight, that the worm he was wrestling was really his hose and that he had been dreaming the entire time. Pluto manages to break free from the pumpkin and catapults it onto Mickey by accident.
- At one point, Mickey has a run-in with a giant grasshopper that looks like an uglier, more vicious version of the one from The Grasshopper and the Ants. During this scene, a minor-key rendition of "The World Owes Me a Living" plays in the background, and the grasshopper's sadistic laugh is an sinister version of Pinto Colvig's Goofy-sounding "h'yuck", which the original Grasshopper shared.
- Mickey has only one speaking line in this cartoon, after he wakes up from the nightmare and gets licked by Pluto.
- The Mickey Mouse Club, November 22, 1955
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, September 20, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #8
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #3
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #59
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Here's Mickey! (VHS)
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Here's Mickey! / Here's Pluto! (Laserdisc)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color (DVD)
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites - Volume 1: Starring Mickey (DVD)