Mickey's Man Friday is a Mickey Mouse cartoon originally released on January 5, 1935. It was directed by Dave Hand and was animated by Johnny Cannon and Gerry "Clyde" Geronimi. On a desert island, Mickey befriends the monkey-faced native Friday, a cannibal whose brothers had planned him to be their evening meal. When the entire tribe returns to get even, Mickey and Friday hold them off from a boobytrapped fort.
Mickey finds himself stranded on an island. He runs into some cannibals that are about to munch down on one of their own, but they are scared off by Mickey. He then makes friends with the cannibal whom he names "Friday". Everything goes fine until the cannibals show up again and force the two to escape onto Mickey's raft.
- Walt Disney - Mickey Mouse
- Billy Bletcher - Friday
- Pinto Colvig - Natives, Mickey Mouse (native mask voice)
- This short was released to the home movie market under the name "Robinson Crusoe Mickey." It is loosely based on the book "Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe.
- This cartoon could be considered controversial today because the natives are black caricatures.
Home video releases
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Volume 2