Pete drops by Mickey's service station. He asks Mickey to fix the car because it keeps squeaking "Yankee Doodle" all the time. Mickey, Donald, and Goofy's attempt to work on the car, ends with the car in ruins, but they eventually find out what's causing the sound to happen.
- Mickey Mouse (voiced by Walt Disney)
- Donald Duck (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- Goofy (voiced by Pinto Colvig)
- Pete (voiced by Billy Bletcher)
- The Mickey Mouse Club, October 5, 1955
- The Mickey Mouse Club, March 20, 1958
- The Mouse Factory, episode #2.17: "Automobiles"
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #55
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.10: "Mickey, Donald and Goofy: Friends to the End"
- Mickey Mouse: The Black and White Years - Volume One (laserdisc)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White (DVD)
- Goofy's Greatest Hits (VHS; colorized version)
- This would be the first short to establish the Mickey, Donald and Goofy team.
- The second and final appearance of Donald Duck in black and white.
- This short appears as one of the projector transition levels in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.
- This cartoon marks the final appearance of Pete's infamous peg-leg, which would not be seen again until the direct-to-video film "Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers" (2004) 69 years later. Pete's peg-leg would permanently return in the recent Mickey Mouse reboot by Paul Rudish.