A blend of Main Street, U.S.A. and Mickey's Toontown, Mickey Avenue is a hometown for imagination, a welcoming, whimsical neighborhood filled with lively shops and restaurants. Stepping into this cheerful land sets the tone for a visit to Shanghai Disneyland, where guests will leave their worlds behind and enter lands of adventure, fantasy and the future.
Mickey Avenue is the first main entry at a Disney park inspired by the personalities of Mickey Mouse and his friends. Here guests will be able to share a hug and get a photo with some of the Disney characters. Avenue M Arcade, one of the many shops along the avenue, will feature the largest selection of gifts and collectibles inside the theme park.
Mickey Avenue features many deep cuts into Disney animation history in the graphic design throughout its shops, restaurants and facades. Some of these facade-only businesses include the Clip Joint Barbershop operated by the Weasels, Ludwig Von Drake's Fireworks Factory, Floyd and Carl's Comics (featuring a window display for Mickey Mouse Outwits the Phantom Blot), the Silly Symphonies Music Shop, the Flowers and Trees Florist Shop, Three Little Pigs Construction Company, Practical Pig Hardware, B.B. Wolf & Co's Demolition, a taxi company run by Benny the Cab, the First Bank of Scrooge, and a Junior Woodchucks Lodge.
Attractions and Entertainment
- Mickey's Film Festival
- Shanghai Disneyland Band
- Walt Disney Grand Theatre
- Mickey's Storybook Adventure (Opening June 15, 2021)
Former attractions and entertainment
Restaurants & Refreshments
- Avenue M Arcade
- Carefree Corner
- Lucky Express
- Sweethearts Confectionery
- Whistle Stop Shop
- Mickey Avenue takes its name from a street on the Walt Disney Studio in Burbank. The name was also previously used for an area at Disney's Hollywood Studios that functioned as a corridor connecting the Animation Courtyard to the Studio Backlot Tour that featured a replica of the Burbank studio's street sign for Mickey Avenue and Dopey Drive. This space is now occupied by Pixar Place.
- "Disneyland Shanghai to open 2016".
- "Shanghai Disneyland Themed Lands to Include New Attractions, Live Shows". Retrieved on 20 August 2015.