- Milo Murphy is positive, enthusiastic and makes the best of everything. He considers life to be an adventure. And feels LUCKY to experience Murphy's Law. After all, isn't it more exciting to run to school while being chased by a pack of wild llamas than to take the bus?
Milo has a reputation for having extreme misfortune. Wherever he goes, unexpected accidents and catastrophes follow him. Incidents that endanger himself and the people around him. Despite the misfortune that happens so often in his life, Milo is very optimistic and calm in the face of it. When bad things happen to him (and they usually do), he always finds a way to overcome it. Milo is prepared for any eventuality, and carries a huge backpack loaded with stuff for any adversity he faces. Helmets when running from a rolling sewage pipe, a seat belt when riding a runaway subway car, and much more.
He appears to be unaware that his classmate Bradley Nicholson is jealous of him and the attention he gets whenever disaster strikes.
Milo is a boy with fair skin, brown eyes, and brown hair curling upward. He wears a red-gray striped sweater-vest, a yellow shirt, brown pants and pale purple shoes with yellow socks. Most of the time he is seen, he is wearing his backpack.
- During early production of the show, Milo's first name was Mikey.
- According to the episode The Note, Milo's middle name, ‘Danger’, is his grandmother's maiden name (pronounced "Don-gé").
- It is revealed in Secrets and Pies that the backpack Milo carries originally belonged to his former babysitter, Veronica.
- He is currently 13 years old in the show as revealed in the episode "Now I Am a Murphy".
- Milo was supposed to make a cameo appearance in Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe. However, it was dropped because it could create a misconception that he was the cause of the film's plot. His voice actor still makes a cameo as a T-shirt vendor.