"Monkey Ninjas in Space" is the nineteenth episode of Kim Possible.
At the manor of Lord Monkey Fist, the simian-like villain receives a prophecy from a mystic monkey monk, who says he should find a suitable monkey and follow him to the stars, and there "the ultimate monkey master will be unstoppable." Back in Middleton, the space center is having their annual "Rocket Boosters" event, and Kim doesn't wish to go, since she's too old for it, but is having trouble communicating this to her father.
Unknown to her, Monkey Fist plans to use Frederick, a new monkey astronaut who will soon be travelling to a space station, to fulfill the prophecy and invades the space center as Kim (and Ron, who came along for the rocket shaped cookies they have) have left, the former unable to tell her dad to stop treating her like a child. Kim ultimately decides to go back, (despite Ron's misgivings about Frederick due to his monkey-phobia), but finds things suspicious when she does. Managing to get in through the air vent, Kim learns Monkey Fist has taken everyone hostage to force Frederick to go with him. Despite her best efforts, the villain manages to board a shuttle towards the station, unaware that Ron & Rufus have accidentally stowed away.
Upon learning that Ron is stuck up in the space station, Kim & Frederick head off to save him, using a new experimental rocket from her dad. Arriving at the space station, the two join Ron in battling Monkey Fist and his ninjas, thanks in part to Frederick disabling the station's artificial gravity; with the villain defeated, Frederick chooses to stay behind to complete his mission, and he and Ron part as friends. Returning to Earth, Kim is glad her father finally treats her like a teenager, even though it comes with some tough new rules.
Meanwhile, the Monkey Ninjas meet up again with the Monkey Monk, who admits he made a mistake (his spirit monkey's handwriting was rather messy); his message was actually "the ultimate monkey master will be Ron Stoppable", leading them to follow Ron at Bueno Nacho, much to his and Kim's confusion.
- Kim can fit into the very same shirt, which her father gave her when she was only eight years old, which is highly unlikely. Her midriff is showing, although Ron's rocket booster shirt fits him perfectly, although, he probably got his rocket booster shirt the same time, although that has not been verified.
- The nineteenth episode in chronological order.
- At the beginning of the episode, Monkey Fist has four monkey ninjas, but when he invades the space center, he only has three. Later on the space station again, it's back to four.
- After the artificial gravity is turned off. Kim is capable of moving through the air with out pushing off of anything. This is a physical impossibility.
- When one of the Rocket Booster children says "I think she's my babysitter", the girl with blonde pigtails is the one whose head is moving, implying that she is saying the line. But when we cut to a wide shot halfway through the line, the black-haired kid standing next to her is the one whose mouth is moving.
- When Kim shoves Ron out of the Rocket Booster room, she has no backpack, yet when she is crossing the carpark she has one.
- At the end, when Kim takes off her space helmet and throws it at Monkey Fist, he breaks it, but when Kim and Ron get off the space ship, she has her helmet back.
- Ron says: "Get yer stinking paws off me, you filthy monkey!". It's a parody of Charlton Heston's classic line from 1968's "Planet of the Apes: "Get your stinking paws off me, you d---ed dirty ape!".
Home video releases
- Kim Possible: The Complete First Season