|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Monsters at Work is an upcoming animated series based on Monsters, Inc.. It was first confirmed in a Disney press release on November 9, 2017 as a Disney+ exclusive. It was originally set for premiere in 2020, but it was eventually delayed to Spring 2021 (thus marking the 20th anniversary of the film). This series is a sequel to the film and was created by Pete Docter, who also directed the movie.
Six months after the events of the original movie, the power plant at its center now harvests the laughter of children to fuel the city of Monstropolis. Tylor Tuskmon, an eager and talented mechanic on the Monsters, Inc. Facilities Team dreams of working on the Laugh Floor alongside Mike and Sulley.
- John Goodman as James P. Sullivan
- Billy Crystal as Mike Wazowski
- Jennifer Tilly as Celia Mae
- Ben Feldman as Tylor Tuskmon
- Aisha Tyler as Millie Tuskmon
- Kelly Marie Tran as Val Little
- Henry Winkler as Fritz
- Lucas Neff as Duncan
- Alanna Ubach as Cutter
- Stephen Stanton as Smitty and Needleman
- Bob Peterson as Roz, Roze
- John Ratzenberger as Yeti, Bernard
- It will be the twentieth animated television series to be based on a Disney animated feature, after The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, TaleSpin, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Timon & Pumbaa, Jungle Cubs, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Hercules, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, The Legend of Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, The Emperor's New School, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, The 7D, The Lion Guard, Tangled: The Series, Big Hero 6: The Series, and Legend of the Three Caballeros.
- It will also be both the second Disney Television Animation and Pixar Animation Studios collaboration and the second television series based on a Pixar film or franchise (not counting any short series or ABC bumpers) since Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
- It would also be the second to have its animation outsourced while still done under Pixar's supervision after Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
- This will be the first Pixar TV series where the original voice cast members reprise their roles.
- It is unknown if Boo will appear in the series.
- This will be the first 3D animated series, based on a 3D animated film. Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Tangled: The Series, and Big Hero 6: The Series, are all 2D animated series, based on 3D animated films.
- Randall and Mr. Waternoose won't be returning for the series, however, it's unknown for Randall if he'll by any chance appear in the series.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 "The Hollywood Reporter: 'Monsters, Inc.' Voice Cast to Return for Disney+ Series (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on January 4, 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Disney Television Animation News post". Tumblr. Retrieved on June 14, 2018.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2809573182601223&id=1484965491728672&anchor_composer=false
- ↑ "New Star Wars Trilogy in Works With Rian Johnson, TV Series Also Coming to Disney Streaming Service". Variety. Retrieved on June 14, 2018.