The Motor Speedway of the South is a racing speedway that appears in the 2006 Disney/Pixar animated film, Cars and its 2017 triquel. Located in Nashville, Tennessee, United States, it is where a supposed three-way battle for the Piston Cup is being held, as The King, Chick Hicks and Lightning McQueen cross the finish line at the same time, and race officials decide that the three racers will compete in one final race at the Los Angeles International Speedway to determine who will win the Piston Cup. They are Strip "The King" Weathers, Chick Hicks, Lightning McQueen, Rusty Cornfuel, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Aiken Axler, Chuck Armstrong, Dirkson D'Agostino, Kevin Racingtire, Eugene Carbureski, Ryan Shields, Ruby "Easy" Oaks, Claude Scruggs, Johnny Blamer, Brush Curber, Billy Oilchanger, James Cleanair, Lee Revkins, Winford Bradford Rutherford, Manny Flywheel, Floyd Mulvihill, Misti Motorkrass, Slider Petrolski, Crusty Rotor, Haul Inngas, Sage VanDerSpin, Darren Leadfoot, Mac iCar, Davey Apex, Ponchy Wipeout, Murray Clutchburn, Ernie Gearson, Greg Candyman, Ralph Carlow, Kevin Shiftright, and Todd Marcus.
The speedway makes three appearances:
- Being where Mater "jumps" over a line of cars in Mater the Greater
- Hosting a monster truck wrestling event in Monster Truck Mater
- Hosting a concert performed by Mater and his band in Heavy Metal Mater
According to the "Lightning Strikes" sneak peek, the speedway will appear as one of the speedways Jackson Storm will race at in the Piston Cup.
- Motor Speedway of the South is a mix of Bristol Motor Speedway and Martinsville Speedway.
- The track on which the opening race takes place is based on an enlarged version of Bristol Motor Speedway.
- The Scoring Pylon (showing numbers 43, 86, and 95), along with the one at the Los Angeles International Speedway, is taken from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- During the opening race, Motor Speedway had 60,000 cars seated in the audience plus 700 in the infields and aisles. In comparison to Los Angeles International Speedway, which has 100,000 cars seated and 1,500 in the infields, plus 13,000 entering the stadium, this is a little bit more than half of that of the latter.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|