"Mr. X" is the first segment of the forty-sixth episode of Amphibia.
The enigmatic Mr. X and his associate Jenny have locked down on Anne Boonchuy and the Plantars. Convinced that they are aliens, the duo in their disguised ice cream truck plot to capture them for study. At the Boonchuy household, Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy tell Anne and the Plantars that their previous adventure has invigorated them and that they are ready for more action. Anne believes that they are too old and tells them that they need to relax and in the meantime she will take the Plantars to the movies for the first time. They arrive at the Super Cinema 40 and are taken in by the sights and sounds that the movie theater has to offer.
Mr. X and Jenny enter the Thai Go and inquire Mrs. Boonchuy about the appearance of alien suspects. She plays coy, but they immediately deduce where Anne and the Plantars are headed and leave for the cinema. Mrs. Boonchuy grabs her husband and they race after them while trying to call Anne. Unfortunately, her phone is on vibrate and she cannot hear it due to the loud movie. Upon exiting, Anne is too late to learn that Mr. X has arrived and gives chase throughout the theater. Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy continue to call Anne to try and offer their idea on how to rescue her and the Plantars, but she continues to avoid them and turn down their help; believing she can do it on her own.
Anne and the Plantars find themselves holed up in the restroom as Mr. X calls a SWAT team for backup. Nevertheless, Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy decide to go forward with their plan. They knock out the lights, pull Anne and the Plantars through the vent and leave behind two regular frogs and tadpole; humiliating Mr. X who is instead impressed with the challenge and vows to capture them. Anne is amazed that her parents not only had a flawless plan, but that they were able to do it efficiently and admits that she underestimated them. When she asks how they knew they were in the restroom, the Boonchuys shyly admit that they had placed a tracker onto Hop Pop's chest while he slept, which Polly rips off.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Brian Sounalath as Mr. Boonchuy
- On Braly as Mrs. Boonchuy, Grandma Boonchuy
- RuPaul Charles as Mr. X
- Matt Braly as Trailer Narrator
- Eden Riegel as Ice Cream Kid, Scanned Kid, Bathroom Woman
- Lakkhana Narksiri as Grandma Boonchuy
- Roger Craig Smith as FBI Agent 1, FBI Agent 3
- Troy Baker as Scanned Blonde Man, FBI Agent 2, FBI Agent 5
- Jeff Bennett as FBI Agent 4
- The title of the episode shares its name with the nickname of T-00 from the Resident Evil series, as well as the name of a Bollywood movie.
- Mr. X wears purple lipstick which mirrors his voice actor RuPaul, who is a drag queen.
- Jenny slightly resembles Adrian Seidelman, the male human identity of the female cyborg hero Cybersix.
- The movie posters seen at the cinema include:
- Suspicion Island 2, referencing the Suspicion Island series that Anne introduced to the Plantars in "Taking Charge".
- Boss Dog, referencing The Boss Baby.
- Cheerleader Musical 7, referencing the High School Musical franchise.
- Fast Rat, referencing Sonic the Hedgehog. Additionally, the tagline reads "I require acceleration", which references Sonic's tagline, "Gotta go fast".
- Cut-outs of the characters in Love Choice, the movie Anne introduced to Wartwood in "Civil Wart".
- A poster of a squirrel-centered parody of the iconic Mickey Mouse short Steamboat Willie.
- A poster for "Spy Guy 12", with someone who bears a strong resemblance to Carl Fredricksen from Up.
- A poster for a film called "Spider in Your Home", which may be a homage to all the Spider-Man films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe featuring "Home" in their titles.
- A poster for a supposed horror film called "Trains with Faces", in a likely homage to Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Anne's grandmother makes a brief appearance in this episode, when Mr. Boonchuy accidently calls her.
- Hop Pop's screaming at the end was reused.
- The Boy asking Mr. X for a popsicle is dress like Phineas Flynn from Phineas and Ferb.
- November 7, 2021 (Canada)
- December 22, 2021 (Singapore)
- January 5, 2022 (Australia & New Zealand)
- January 26, 2022 (Latin America)
- February 4, 2022 (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand)
- February 13, 2022 (Spain)
- February 15, 2022 (Portugal)
- March 30, 2022 (France)